Monday, February 20, 2012

The War of the Revolutions Project


The War of the Revolutions Project.

When Paul first assigned us this project to my class, I was snowed in. I got really scared because I had sent an email to Paul asking what the homework was. His reply was “ read the green sheet”, that’s when I started to panic; because I knew that green sheets were big assignments. He told me where to find it. It was not there. As soon as that happened I called a few of my classmates and asked them where to find it. They said “ oh don’t worry about it you will get it tomorrow.” I calmed down when they said that.
             The next day, Tuesday, I was handed the green sheet. I look over it, and think oh this looks easy and fun.  During class we were told that we had to blog. This was very surprising to me, because I had never blogged before, after we were told that Paul had us draw cards from a deck, and then in random order he set dates for us to blog. After he set the dates, I was thinking, “shoot the day I have to blog is a Monday”. That’s when I realized that it was president’s day. That night I sent my blog proposal to Paul, telling him what I was going to write about in my blog. 

                                                                                   
            Right now in this Revolutions project I have about 10 out of 43 assignments finished. Which right now I am thinking “ Wow that is just pathetic”. I have almost finished the lit packet; I have four down five to go. This project has been difficult/frustrating at times because you have to organize your schedule, and tell yourself I am doing this tonight, and that tomorrow night, but you have to make sure you leave time for other subjects, so you are not slacking off, and just doing cultures.  
            Some of the easier assignments were the stained glass, the proposals, and the movie notes. Paul has now made the movie notes more difficult because he is now having us write a paragraph with a topic sentence that he gives us. Some of us don’t understand the sentence that he gives us, and we also don’t ask him what it means; I am one of them.  Another hard part of the assignment is the Teach a Class. Which I am doing with a friend of mine.
            Working with a partner can be a struggle, because you have to try to split up the work, and then your teacher is asking do you really want to work with them and do you think the work will be even. Personally I think that it is my choice to decide all of that, but my teachers can have some input in what they think. Currently I am doing my Teach a Class on Gertrude Stein. At a previous conference my teacher asked do you really want to do her? My answer would be yes of course because she was a very unique woman. The reason I think that is because she was a Lesbian, which was very risky at the time.                             

            Throughout the weeks we have had this assignment it has been a wonderful challenge, to organize, plan and work at the same time!











           
  

2 comments:

  1. Ariana,
    I love how your blog is about the blog, it's so complex, and interesting. I also like how you wrote about the project as a whole, and your opinion about the project as well. Love the post!
    ~Athena~

    ReplyDelete