Monday, February 20, 2012

Work Periods

                                 
                                 Work Periods

Work periods, useful or not?  Revolutions has many individual projects that require lots of time to complete.  Personally, I think that work periods are useful as it comes closer to the due date on March 16th.  I tend to wait till the last minuet to finish my projects.  Near the beginning, when revolutions was assigned, Work periods were not necessary to complete our work. They were not needed because most of us were not sure on what to do for our presentations, or what order to finish our work in.
Now that we are approaching the due date I think that work periods are extremely helpful.  Now we are past the halfway mark and it feels like the revolutions project it sneaking up behind us.  I think that at least one work period a week is great amount of time to have in order be done with one individual project, plus the daily work that we strive to finish every night.  If we have just one work period a week we can complete many necessary parts of the revolutions project. 
Every week brings new challenges, like a new project in modern language or English to finish on top of the revolutions project.  Completing homework and big presentations from five classes can be a real struggle for me.  I learned from my past projects that I am a huge procrastinator.  With revolutions not setting a due date can be very hard for me to make sure I get all my work in on time. In one work period I can set due dates for every assignment, and then I can complete one of them every night until I have compleated them all.  That’s why work periods are completely useful.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Quinn,
    I think what you have talked about in your blog post is very interesting and it also makes some good points about this project. I definitely agree that as we are quickly nearing the end of this project, work periods are becoming more and more helpful. Like you said, work periods are very helpful for completing necessary parts in this project. Work periods might also, like in your case, be helpful for planning out homework. This might be a great a way for some kids who don't know what to do during a work period to sit down and actually get something planned out or even started.
    Great blog post!

    From,
    Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Quinn,
    I really like your point about revolutions sneaking up behind us. I think that work periods do become more helpful becasue we know so much about what we are going to do. How are you able to finish one assignment a night? As you said it can be a real struggle to get all five of the classes homework done and finishing one assignment for revolutions a night is hard for me, and probably you because we both play sports. Did your strategy work for getting half way through the project at the halfway point? Great blog! You really helped me think about how I am using my work periods!

    From,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Quinn,

    This post is exactly how I feel about work periods!! At first, when starting this project, I had no idea what to do during work periods, so I just did the easy stuff, like stained glass coloring. Now, I wish I would have used that time to my advantage, and finished the harder things. Like you, I am a procrastinator. When doing homework, I save my cultures homework for last because I don’t really have to do in in one night, but when I finish all my other homework, there is no point for me to work on something when I don’t really have to! Do you think that the cultures project is easier in the beginning or the end?

    Great post,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helllow Quinn,

    Great blog post! I can really relate to it! I feel the same way about work periods, at first I didn't use these work periods as wisely but now as the end of the project is nearing, I treasure this precious time! I too am a great procrastinator!

    great blog!
    ANNA HARRIS

    ReplyDelete