School, track, basketball, tutoring, free time, and homework. How do I fit all of these into one month or week or even days? This blog is about how I try to manage all of my hobbies and activities and not be to stressed. Sometimes I think that adults and others think that trying to do all the things I love and to fit school and homework in is very easy. But I know from experience it isn't. To me, sports is just as important as school. I learn a lot from sports that I don't get to learn in school such as, leadership, teamwork, reaction speed, and awareness. So in my perspective doing sports and stuff is just as important as school.
I try to manage school and sports by doing my school work on the way to and from sports but this is very difficult because before sports events I am distracted because I am nervous for the game or practice and stuff. after the sporting event I am tired and worn out. sometimes I get frustrated because we have like seven hours of school and they still expect us to do a ton of homework. I think that schools should help student athletes have a lesser work load in order to help them manage things they like and things that are necessary like school.
When I try to manage sports and school at the same time I feel like I want to try and be independent. But I find that I cannot be 100% independent. I need the help of adults to keep me on track and to stay focused.
Dear Daniel,
ReplyDeleteI also have a ton of sports to do, I also get really nervous before games and can't focus in class. I liked the way you put your experiences with this subject into the blog. What are some of the strategies for work after your games and practices? That idea about giving sporting students less of a workload is a great idea.
Keep up the awesome blogging,
Mark.
Hello Daniel,
ReplyDeleteYou have quite the life to juggle! I too am a student athlete that involves in numerous extra-curricular activities, and I found that your blog post gave terrific insight into “our” lives. I adored your hook at the beginning of the post: “School, track, basketball, tutoring, free time, and homework. How do I fit all of these into one month or week or even days?” After reading the title of your blog post I was unsure what exactly you were going to cover, but after reading your thesis after your brilliant hook, I knew that your blog would cover “…how…to manage…hobbies and activities and not be too stressed.” The point you drew up on how sports are just as important as school was quite bold, and I was curious on how you would support that statement. After seeing the words “leadership, teamwork, reaction speed, and awareness” in your support, I am convinced that sports actually may be just as important as school. I have one more word to add to your list: “Maturity”. When participating on a sports team, you are continually confronting adversity and success that you must learn to handle. The learning you develop when coping with real life trouble and triumph can lead to great growth as an individual. You brought up points that raised even my eyebrows.
Nice work, and best of luck on completing this project,
Andrew Park