We all know what flight is, but do you know the history behind it? You might know a little, but that isn't enough. I'll tell you what you need to know. You have probably heard about Leonardo da Vinci and all of his flying machines that never really flew. Then, there was the Wright brothers and their plane at Kitty Hawk. In between da Vinci and the Wright brothers, there were many people who built gliders and would throw themselves off cliffs and bridges hoping the wings would catch air and fly. There were also the various types of balloon flyers. Balloons were used in the American Civil War for observation by the Union.
Early planes were used mainly in World War One, there were a great many aces and fliers.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Miguel,
ReplyDeleteNIce blog. I really like the movie and especially the ending, but I was wondering when did the Wright brothers acutually build the plane?
Zachary
PS. I had to delete the other one because I forgot put put in my name.
Miguel,
ReplyDeleteIt was very interesting how many people jumped off cliffs in attempt to fly! did they fail most of the time? or did they ever succeed? Great blog post!
Anna H.
Hey Miguel,
ReplyDeleteI really liked the subject you chose to study. That is really weird that people jumped off of cliffs and bridges. Were the balloons used back then like the hot air balloons that we use today?
-Sage Yamamoto