Thursday, February 23, 2012

Researching Barbara Strozzi

         I chose to remake Venice, Italy from the 1700's for my do-make on Barbara Strozzi.  I first had to download Google SketchUp on my computer, so that took a few minuets.  After I did that, I had to familiarize myself with the commands and options on SketchUp.  I received a great link from Paul that takes me to a bridge from Venice Italy in the SketchUp Warehouse.  I am using that as a base foundation for my recreation of Venice, Italy.  I have been adding textures and colors to the bridge and I have started to make some building that are as accurate as I can make them from the pictures available of what Venice would look like in the 1700's.  I am also adding the canals, which is proving to be slightly harder than simple buildings.  I am hoping to add some Gondolas which are used in the canals.




     I have finally gotten the model to let me edit it on SketchUp, I have been able to add things around the model, but I still have lots of work to do.


I am going to be updating this blog with the progress I am making.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lila,
    Rebuilding Venice sounds fun. Are you creating the whole city, or just part of it? Was Venice in the 1700s anything like it is today? I've never used SketchUp before, but it sounds useful for showing something 3D without actually making it out of clay or something.

    Good luck with your recreation of Venice!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly,
      I am recreating a large bridge with lots of columns. Venice was similar to the way it is today, but there are still some differences. Using SketchUp is fin, but it is a tedious job.

      Lila

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an awsome do-make, lila! Will you show me the finnished product?
    I think the title should have more to do with the acctual post. You didn't acctualy write alot about Barbara Strozzi. I like your plan to edit this blog as you finnish the project!

    ~Sophie

    ReplyDelete