Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Josephine and Napoleon

In the late eighteen-hundreds, A beautiful woman by the name of Josephé Rose Tascher la Pagerie who had two children and was not very young was required to be married to Napoleon Bonaparte a very young, not so tall, or handsome man. Josephine refused to marry Napoleon but when Barras threatened to stop providing for her if she didn’t marry him, she agreed immediately. When they got married Napoleon decided not to called her by a name that everyone called her such as, “Rose” and definitely didn’t want to call her, “Josephé Rose Tascher la Pagerie”! Napoleon wanted to be original so he decided on Josephine.
Their love for one another was very complicated. Napoleon Bonaparte her assigned partner, loved her deeply, but she despised of him strongly, thought he was very strange and was weird in the way he showed love. When Napoleon went to Italy, Josephine found her chance and immediately looked for someone new to have a relationship with. At the time Napoleon was sending her many love letters and even tried to get her to come visit him, she just pretended she was pregnant and couldn’t travel. When Napoleon heard about her on a trip away from Paris to get away from him, he was destroyed. His heart was torn to two and said that he would never love another woman the way he had loved Josephine. Soon after Napoleon’s true love betrayed him he was sent on a long trip for other rather important stuff.
 When Napoleon returned, His Wife Josephine had all of sudden finally fallen in love with him. Although he still loved her deeply he new that he could never trust her again. Napoleon had a series of affairs to try and move on from her although he new it would never work. Napoleon later divorced Josephine after finding that Josephine had played him and that they weren’t actually married by bible and married another woman whom he never loved, Marie Louise. He married to become Emperor of France. After 1-2 years of the marriage Napoleon realized his true love was Josephine. He divorced Marie and became a faithful friend to Josephine and her kids, Hortense and Eugene. 
Josephine continued to love Napoleon and when she was dying from a horrible disease called diphtheria, Napoleon’s name was one of the last words she was able to speak. After the tragic death of Josephine, Hortense and Eugene still remained faithful and Napoleon helped take care of Josephine’s beautiful children.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I thought you did a really good job with introducing the topic and giving us a background of the relationship between these two powerful figures. I really liked how you transitioned through topics. Although I already know quite a bit on the topic I was still surprised at the ending. I had no idea that Napoleon helped take care of the two sons, Hortense and Euguene. My favorite part was probably the part about Napoleon trying to be "original" by calling his wife Josephine. I think that for some reason he thought that would make him unique and put him into a different category as all of "Josephine's" previous lovers. It makes me laugh a little. I think that you did a wonderful job with summarizing the broad topic yet I think that you could make the blog even better by including how and why Josephine fell in love with Napoleon. Just a little bit more on that. Either way I thought you did a great job with over viewing this relationship.
    Nice!
    -Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenzie,

    Wow! This post is amazing! You gave so many details, and added tons of facts. It is really interesting how much Napoleon and Josephine’s love life changed over the years. One minute they’re in love, the next she’s on a train to get away! Your blog post felt like a story with a happy ending (even though she died, Napoleon redeemed himself by helping to raise her kids). I agree with Mo, what made her fall in love again?

    Great post,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenzie,
    I thought it was really interesting how she was first forced to marry him and then he changed her name. It's interesting how she at first hated him, and then suddenly loved him. So interesting how their love was. Only one question: Why did she suddenly fall in love?
    Nice job Kenzie!
    ~Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenzie,
    Nice blog it was really interesting and had a lot of information I didn't know about napoleon. ONe question, When Josephine finally fell in love with him why didn't he live with her even though he loved her?
    Zachary

    ReplyDelete