When you are dealing with a lot of work, or in school a big project, it is very important that you get a balance of exercise and or something you enjoy, but also balance your work and do a good job on it. I know from experience that when you have lots of work it is much easier to get work done when you have done something active to get your energy out and you become more productive when you have a clear mind. If you are ever doing work and after a while of working you realize that you are not being as productive as you were when you first started, its helpful to go for a run, play soccer, or basketball, or grab a tennis racket and hit against your garage, really any kind of exercise. When you exercise you release endorphins in your brain, that make you happy, and also when you feel sad endorphins make it so that you don’t feel the pain. Endorphins also keep people from being depressed. When you exercise on a regular bases it can put you in a better mood, also it is a good way to get rid of the days irritations and stress.
Exercise has many more benefits then just clearing your mind and making you more productive. Some of these things include, a healthier lifestyle, as most people know exercise gets you in good shape, and makes you feel better. When kids are still growing and learning it is very important that they get enough sleep. When you exercise on a regular bases, it will help with any anxiety. Which then can help with getting more sleep. Studies show that kids that get more exercise have less anxiety, stress, are healthier, and are better rested.
When you exercise your brain is releasing what is called endorphins. Endorphins are what causes “runners high.” Runners high are when your body and mind feel good, because it is doing something it enjoys (even if you may not enjoy it). Your body feels happy and more content.
I know that if I go to a sport after school and then go home and do my homework I find that I am much more consistent and I am able to sit and do my homework and I don't have to take as many breaks or any at all. This is because you are not going from sitting in classes most of the day to going home and sitting and doing homework, you are giving your mind a break, to release built up energy. That is why you may find that when you are active you are more successful in your work, and in your every day life. What doesn't help is trying to listen to you favorite TV show while you are trying to do your work, because it could end up that you just end up watching TV instead of doing your homework, which will just end up with having more stress.
Links
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise-and-stress/SR00036


Hi Allie,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, it is easier to focus and get your homework done faster if you have exercised before. Sometimes, it feels like when you take time to exercise you have less time to do your homework, but it makes it easier to finish your homework. You are more focased and into it, that your work quality ends up being better. You also don't get as hungry in the middle of doing your homework, because your body feels happy and energized. Great post.
Annie
Hi Allie!
ReplyDeleteI agree with both you and Annie. This is a great topic, I was thinking of writing about it! Whenever I have a break between sports seasons, I seem to not be able to turn in all of my work. Sports keep me in sync, and it helps me to let out stress. Nice job!
Sincerely,
Ruby
Alllllllie,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you three. This is a great tpic to write about, because there are so many different things you can do to get rid of stress. You have great examples of things to do, and Endorphins? Wow I'm blown away at that intelectual word! I completely agree that sports are a great way to relive stress. Great Work.
Your friend,
Jasper
I totally agree Allie, when I do not have a sport on a regular basis I don't have as much going on which makes me procrastinate and say I can do it later. When I have a sport or event going on I say that I really cannot do it later. This pushes me to do good quality and concentrated work. Good topic!
ReplyDeleteBailey