Thursday, February 9, 2012

Procrastinating




Every night when I do my homework, I look in my planner and see what my teachers assigned me that day. When I’m finished with my required tasks, I get to watch TV. I feel satisfied with the work I’ve done, and I am free of worry. With this Revolutions project, we have a total of 43 assignments, and we are to do them when we want to; Paul does not assign certain homework every night. This is somewhat of a challenge for me, because lately I’ve been telling myself that I can just do it later. I am very fearful for my upcoming conference, for I am worried I won’t have enough assignments completed. I am going to start not putting it off, and actually progress quickly through this project. I don’t like the feeling of knowing that there are so many things I could be doing for this project, when instead I’m relaxing and watching TV, or going on my Facebook and Twitter. I also hate knowing that other people are so much further ahead then I am, because I don’t like falling behind, and I rarely do.

The Lit. Packet is especially frightening for me, because there are so many stories and questions, and I’m procrastinating and not even starting a story because they are so long. I also found the do make and teach a class hard to begin as well, but I found a topic, and now I am beginning to create a magnificent project with my partner Ruby. We’re also supposed to read chapter seven of our world cultures text book, but everyone I ask says it’s really hard, so I keep putting it off.
Writing this blog has helped me realize what exactly I’m doing. Now I have a sense of what I need to do, and that I should be getting as much work as possible done. As we speak, I am going to begin the Lit. Packet, and conquer my procrastination issues. I would really like to succeed in this project, and I believe that I can, and will. Even though this project is scaring me, I am glad that we are doing it, because I know I will learn a lot about assigning tasks for myself, and not procrastinating.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Your writing was very fluent, and in my mind I could think of all the different things you were saying, very easily. As a fellow procrastination guru, I feel the same thing, and your post has given me some great ideas of how to avoid the dreadful Sunday night meltdown. Hope you defeat you lazy inner foe, and get to watch more tv, thx for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni,
    Super good post! Your topic is something basic but so helpfull. I really enjoyed how you gave some backround on your nights and your homework process. It was entertaining and made me want to read more. I think that anyone, inclouding me, that reads your blog will gain great tips and strategies. Just reading your blog makes me realize how much work I have to do and I need to get it done. I really enjoyed your post, it was very enlightening!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anni,
    Great post! I think that your blog will really help some people reflect on their own project. The blog was very well written. It had many personal examples and had many things in it that I could relate too. I really liked what you said about someone saying it was hard, so you kept putting it off. I did the same thing. I had heard chapter seven was hard and I kept putting it off. Reading this blog made me reflect on what I had done during the project. Thanks for the great post!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete