Thursday, February 12, 2015

All For One, One For All!

       I am sure most of you have read or heard the story of The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, If not I will give you a brief description of the story (don't worry no spoilers) and give you some insight into where it came from.

First I would like to explain the story. The Three Musketeers was set in the 1700s and was based on a young man named d’Artagnan. He leaves his home and heads toward Paris where he hoped to join The Musketeers Of The Guard. Young d'Artagnan did not actually become part of the guard but his three closest friends did join, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. They lived by the motto "all for one, one for all!" which came from d'Artagnan. They went on great adventures together across France and all throughout the French Revolution. They were the “dream team” of the French Revolution.
d'Artagnan runs into the Three Musketeers on his way to paris, he offends them and they challenge him to a duel to prove their superiority and excellence. In the first duel d'Artagnan starts to fight Athos when the "police" of the town come to arrest them for illegal dueling. They soon get into a fight and although they are out numbered they still win. After King Louis XIII hears of this battle and that d'Artagnan seriously injured one of his best fighters he enlists him in the King's Guards. This was just the beginning of their journeys ahead. This group goes on to do many great things during the French Revolution.
          This story was and still is a very popular and well known tale from the French Revolution. I sincerely recommend it. It is filled with action, tragedy, and love good for any reader.
Image result for three musketeers

Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 13 Feb. 2015.

20 comments:

  1. Dear Cows are FAT,
    I really liked how you explained in a very short post about the very famous book, The Three Musketeers. However, how does this really affect your personal life? I would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear DaFlyinPenguin,
    I read this story when I was very young and still remember it and care for the happiness it gave me. So to answer your question a little but I would not go to great length's to talk about my LOVE for The Three Musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cows ar Fat,
    I really liked how you really gave a good description about what the story was about! I was wondering about why you chose to write about the three musketeers. Also I was wondering why you didn't talk about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear cows ar fat,
    I really like how you provide a description of the book that gives you a taste without being really long. I wondered, did d'Artagnan join the Three Musketeers?
    Awesome post,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cows ar Fat,
    I really liked how you really gave a good description about what the story was about! I was wondering about why you chose to write about the three musketeers. Also I was wondering why you didn't talk about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi cows ar fat,

    It was really nice that you told us about the book and also showed us how it relates to the topic to. The phrase all for one and one for all is a phrase we still use today. I have seen the movie and recommend it, it is very funny. Is the book funny or a serious book?

    -Advay K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Cows ar fat,

    I thought your blog post was really interesting! I like how you compare your experience of reading the book to the history of the story and the story itself. Have you seen the movie? If so, which do you think is better, the book or movie?

    Thanks,

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear cows are fat,

    I loved how you chose a topic that not many many people would think about. I was wondering how you chose to come up with this topic?

    QUincy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear cows are fat,
    good job telling the story of d’Artagnans life. How did this affect your personal life?
    -Truman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cows Are Fat. I think you did a great job giving a good sense of the plot and including all that was necessary, and no more. Why did d'Artagnan's friends not vouch for him to be a part of The Musketeers of The Guard? Was there a moral to this famous story? Great job!
    -Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear cows ar fat,

    I think you did a great job summarizing the story. Do you feel bad for d'Artangan? And also, do you think that d'Artangan deserved to be in the Three Musketeers?

    -Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Cows are Fat,
    Thank you for telling me about this book because I always wondered what it was about. Witch charterer are you most like.
    -Samma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Cows are Fat,

    I really like how you summarize the book, but leave us with a cliff hanger so we want to read the book. It's so annoying! What do you like about the Three Musketeer? Who's your favorite "Musketeer?" Why?

    Lauren Mei

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Cows ar Fat,

    I really like how you explained the story, without spoiling it for any reader who was interested. I also really like how you described why people should read it. I was wondering when was the story written, and by whom? Also, in what time in the French Revolution was this story originated?

    Awesome post!
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Cows are Fat,
    I love how you changed your blog post into a book report! It is highly engaging and was fun to read! I was wondering when the Thee Musketeers was written and I was also wondering who wrote it!
    Keep it up!
    -Will

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear cows ar fat,
    I like how you summarised the book in such a short post! It was really fun to read. Did you like the book?
    Thanks,
    Eamon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear cows ar fat,
    I really like how you condense the whole story in relatable and brief way in your post. I was wondering if it is your favorite book? Why or why not?

    nice job,
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Cows are fat,
    I really enjoyed reading this post. I liked how you summarized the three musketeers in a brief but detailed way. Did you enjoy reading this post?

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cows ar Fat,

    I really liked you post because you summarized the story in a brief and detailed way. I was wondering how you decided to pick this idea?

    Sincerely,
    Ramya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear cows ar fat,
    I really liked how much detail you had about D'artagnan. What inspired Alexander to write the three musketeers?
    Kai

    ReplyDelete