Swish, I feel the racquet vibrating against my hand as I make contact with the ball. The adrenaline pumps through my body as I bounce on my feet, ready to move at a moments notice. The tennis court making you feel small and huge at the same time. People keep saying there is no other feeling in the world than this, and let me tell you. I am one of them. All your senses are honed into that tiny, yellow, fuzzy ball flying across the court.
Tennis has always been a huge part of my life. I started playing when I was 6, and fell in love with it ever since. I remember the times when I would hit balloons in the air with my tennis racquet when I was young. I love tennis because it makes you feel small from the huge size of the court and powerful for when you swing at the ball as it flies. But most importantly, it makes me feel special.
Before I moved to my current school, I was at a school with 30-40 kids in a class. It was hard to be noticed at my old school. I didn’t want to be popular. I just wanted to be unique in some kind of way and not be part of a crowd. Tennis was a way for me to be myself and find “a voice.” I remember when I started playing that I felt noticed. I never thought when I started playing, that it would affect me off the courts.
Another thing that tennis is for me is that it is a way out of reality. When I play, I don’t have to worry about academics, or any issues I am facing. I am present when playing tennis. That became a really important thing for me as my academics grew harder. When times were stressful, I was able to play and forget for a short moment of the reality.
Tennis has impacted my life forever. Even if I stop playing, which I never will, it would still affect me in my everyday life. It is a sport on and off the courts.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog post Aarushi! I have several friends who also play tennis and they always tell me that it is a very hard sport to play. You must be putting a lot of hard work and determination to practice regularly. Where do you practice tennis? What is your favorite part of it? And what is your least favorite part?
ReplyDeleteHi Bloggy,
ReplyDeleteGood job on the blog post. I can relate when I do any of my hobbies I forgot about any problems I am having. Are you part of a team or club for tennis?
-Advay K.
Hi Bloggy,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you explained all the reasons you love tennis, like how it pulls you out of reality. What led you to start playing tennis instead of any other sport?
Thanks,
Soph
Hi Bloggy,
ReplyDeleteYour post does a good job of showing your passion for tennis. I can relate to this because I am addicted to racket sports whether it be tennis, badminton, or pickleball I like to play. (Mainly because it feels good when you hit something super hard!) Do you think you excel at other racket sports because you have played tennis?
-Ethan
Hi Aarushi,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post because it shows the feeling you have while playing tennis, how it connects to your everyday life, and the explanation that tennis is a way for you to be different. I was wondering if you ever tried playing in a tennis competition? You should go try, I bet you would get 1st!
From,
Chiara
Hi Aarushi!
ReplyDeleteI like how you describe how actually being on the tennis court feels. Good description. I really like how you say tennis gives you expression. I also play tennis for fun and I can understand how the court feels gigantic. What are the most frustrating things for you when you play tennis?
Good job!
Defne
Aarushi,
ReplyDeleteI really like you talk with a huge passion about tennis and how you said that it all of you senses stuffed into the tennis ball. I can relate because I used to play tennis and now play squash. It is so fun and I get so pumped while striking the ball with everything I got in me? Have you ever played any sport besides squash?
Bloggy,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you bring the point up that tennis is your voice. I think it's really nice how you connect your life to tennis. If you stopped playing tennis, how'd you feel? Do you play any other sports that contribute to your "voice?" Do you have any idols that play tennis that inspire you?
Lauren Mei
Hi Bloggy,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this piece, I like how you say you can escape reality and not worry about school-work when you are playing tennis. Do you play any other sports?
-Jane
Dear Aarushi,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading this piece. I loved the first part of the story about the feeling the court and the ball on your racquet felt to you. I was wondering if you are proud of a specific competition you played in?
Hi Aarushi,
ReplyDeleteI really like you piece because you describe how you feel when you play tennis. I was wondering if you play another sport?
Sincerely,
Ramya
Hi Aarushi,
ReplyDeleteI really like your use of images because it makes the post look more appealing and fun to read. I also like your first sentence it is very intriguing. I was wondering if you also enjoy watching tennis matches on TV?
nice job!
-Emma
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTo Arushi,
ReplyDeleteI just love how you say tennis is a way for me to be unique, and it's a way to find your voice! I to can relate! Violin is a way to be unique! Nobody in your grade plays it! Your images are very visually appealing, and your writing is impeccable! Great job!
Have you played in tennis tournaments
-Lion