Music is a large part of my life, outside and inside of school. I play drums and piano, and I have been in bands for both. Every week, I have a 30 minute piano lesson on Mondays, a 45 minute drum lesson on Tuesdays, and a three hour band practice on Wednesdays. Playing music takes a lot of dedication if you want to get good at them.My most recent band was a cover band of legendary rock band, The Smiths. We had our performance about a week ago. It was my first big performance with a band. Starting next week I am going to be in a band that makes cover songs of Joy Division/New Order. This show will be very hard because the drum parts in it are very fast and take a lot of arm strength to play the beats throughout the whole songs.
I have been in a band before, but it was not a very big deal because it was the beginners band at school of rock (which opens for the band I am in now). We were not a cover band of specific bands, but we just played some popular rock song. Taking that step up from a little kids band, to the youngest kid in a high-school band, was hard, but I had fun and I am looking forward to my next shows.
Hey Graham,
ReplyDeleteI love how you talked about your band performance because I was there and I saw your feelings and how good you are. I am curious when you started playing drums and if you had any mixed feelings about playing it? Keep being good at drums.
-Bryan
Dear Graham,
ReplyDeleteI think that it is pretty cool that you are in a band. I saw you play once at the assembly, and you were amazing on the drums. What is your biggest motivation for playing music?
Also, why did you chose to play the drums and piano and not another instrument?
~Aarushi
Hi chipotleislife,
ReplyDeleteYour blog is really cool! I did not know you played for so many bands through out your life. How many bands have you played for, and would like to become a professional drummer?
-Advay K.
Dear Graham,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you talked about your personal experience with music as opposed to some generic facts about how music was created or something. Why do you like playing the instruments that you play (drum and piano)?
Dear chipotleislife,
ReplyDeleteNice blog post. It's really nice how you talk about music and how important it is to you. How long have you played piano and drums? Which instrument do you like playing more? If you could play another instrument what would it be?
Lauren Mei
Hi chipotleislife,
ReplyDeleteI like how you talk about how important music is to you. Which is your favorite instrument you play?
-Jane
Hi Graham,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you describe the importance of music in your life. I also really like that you added description of your band. At what age did you start piano? Drums? When did you start in your high school band?
Great blogpost!
Chiara
Hi Graham,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your piece because you described your passion of music. I was wondering if you have a passion for anything else?
Sincerely,
Ramya
Hi Graham,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your piece on your music. I like how you add that although you love music, it is a big dedication, I feel the same way about sports. Which do you like better, drums or piano?
Keep on Blogging,
Britt
Hi Graham,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you talked about both drums and piano. I also liked your image. I was wondering what bands you were in?
nice job!
-Emma
Grahm,
ReplyDeleteThis post is so relatable. I also dedicate a lot of time to music! And it if you put more time, you get better! I love your passion toward music! It's really amazing that you put in that many hours!
Do you want to be a professional musician?
Love this post!
-Lion