Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Why Fortnite is so addicting

The main reason Fortnite is so big is that of the community, and how much hype the game got being released on July 25, 2017. The game is mostly a meme. If you scroll through your Instagram feed you will not find one account without a Fortnite related meme. People like memes. Memes are addicting the see and addicting to look and find. Especially if the meme is something that you can relate to. For example take this meme here, that Mir kindly DM'ed me. As you may see Arnold Matthew Perlstein is very sad and doesn't want to go on a field trip to the main island in Fortnite Battle Royale. We all know Mr. Perlstein from the infamous show, The Magic School Bus, where kids go on rides in a so-called, well, you guessed it. Magic School Bus. Poor Arnold. This is a relateable meme because mostly everyone knows about Magic School Bus, and of course in Fortnite Battle Royale, there is a bus. Almost like it was a setup. So many juicy memes made from this piece of artwork known as the game Fortnite.



But, that's only one of the reasons people want to jump on the hype train and play Fortnite. Another reason why its so addicting is because of how fun it is. You have 3 objectives and those are too, kill people, grab loot, and get the heck out. Your main objective is to win the game obviously. but the problem is that you are up against 100 people. Now, not trying to brag or anything but I have 16 wins, 11 wins in squads, 4 in duos, and 1 in solos. I'd say I'm quite experienced having played the game for 3+ months. It's kind of sad when you think about it. Not gonna get into that. Anyways, people just keep playing to win. It's kind of a trend now. If you look up a regular kids school schedule, you will notice that homework is the first priority, (obviously) and then second is fortnite. This is the future right here. No matter what we do, gaming just keeps coming back to haunt us. We will always dream about the 1# Victory Royale, and when we reach it, our dreams become bigger dreams, we tell our friends, Now, our friends have higher expectations for us. "Wow, this kid has like 3 wins shes like a god at fortnite" this is the kind of attitude you will find living in 2018. I believe that so many people play just because they want to be cool because that's just how it is in this world currently. I've photoshopped a graph pyramid to show what is going on in fortnite.
 At the top, we have Pro Player teams, such as C9, TSM, etc.
Nearing the bottom below Pro Players is streamers that play games like this for a living. Some streamers are TSM Ninja, TSM Myth, and C9 Shroud. Below streamers are gamers that enjoy the game and play it for fun and for wins, these are people such as myself, the list goes on and on. Below that, are the people that call themselves "gamers", and do play games, but they only play them because their friends do and they want to be like them. Below the "gamers" are the Noobs. The noobs, aimlessly walk around not knowing what to do, but they do come from other games. They are attempting to get to get better. I respect them. Then last we have Instagram followers that have no idea what the game is and they only play it because they are forced to by their friends and by the way the world works these days.


But by far the most addicting part of playing fortnite, is playing it with your friends, and having fun leveling yourself up, and completing challenges for in-game loot and currency. The in-game currency in Fornite Battle Royale is called V-bucks. V-bucks are used to but loot from the Daily shop, or used to buy items for special events. Now, V-bucks are very expensive in real life. If you do the math 1000 V-bucks is $10.00  meaning that one V-buck is equivalent to 1$ so, if one legendary skin is 2000 v-bucks you'd be paying $20 for one skin you will use once and then because its a special event you will unequip it in the future. In my opinion, this is dumb. That's why fortnite created the battle pass. In the battle pass you get to unlock for 950 v-bucks (<$10) it includes more than enough v-bucks for you to buy your favorite skins. This is a great choice for Epic Games to do this because it makes players more involved in completing quests and getting xp. And they gain a lot of money. You also gain skins that are free and other emotes, dances, backpack gear, and loading screens.

All in all, I would totally recommend playing fortnite no matter if you're a noob or not. You'll still have to get the hang of it and eventually you'll love the game. Fortnite works on practically anything. PC, some macs, Xbox, and ps4. Thank's for reading me!

18 comments:

  1. Dear mangomaster,
    I am a huge fan of fortnite and loved how you categrized the levels f the people who play the game. Can you write about the past of fortnite and how it changed from its first release?
    Sincerely,
    Mangamaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mangamaster! I like that you decided to comment on my blog! I also myself am a huge fan of fortnite! I will sure take your comment into consideration! Thank you!

      -mangomaster

      Delete
  2. Dear Mangomaster,
    I play Fortnite as well and I do agree that it is addicting! I love the part where you talk about Fortnite and how it comes 2nd to homework and I would jus have to agree with you on that one. I would like to know how you found out about Fortnite and got so addicted a little more?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LoveAndGelato, Thank you for commenting! I think that my addiction to Fortnite started when I heard about it from a friend. They told me that it was a really fun game they found and that I should get it. At that time, I played Fortnight on my Xbox and was unable to get the game because for some reason my Xbox was set to Korea, and the game wasn't released in Korea at that time so I was unable to get it! At the time I got it, it was a really fun game to play. And my addiction just kept getting worse

      -mangomaster

      Delete
  3. Dear MangoMaster,
    I play fortnite too, and agree it's addicting. In your blog you quoted, "If you do the math 1000 V-bucks is $10.00 meaning that one V-buck is equivalent to 1$." Wouldn't it be 1,000 for every dollar?

    Alarrrrrrrrra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alarrrrrrrra for reading my blog! I was up at 12 o' clock at night working on this blog and got a bit tired and started to rush, sorry about that. I realized that before and I will try to change it! (Super sorry!) Anyways, thank you for reading my blog, and helping me fix it. Thank you Alarrrrrrrra!

      -mangomaster

      Delete
  4. Dear mangomaster,
    I play Fortnite as well and I don't play many video games. I like that you chose a topic that would engage people because if Fortnite is addicting then people would see the word Fortnite and go to it because it is addicting. About how many hours of Fortnite do you play a day?
    Sincerely -Silly One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Silly one! Thank you for reading my blog!

      I think that I play Fortnite on weekdays for maybe 45m-1 hour, but on weekends I could play all day for 3-8 hours or more. It's just addicting.
      I'm not sure exactly why I play so much. I don't really go out anywhere on weekends, but if I did go out my time played would go down. Thank you so much for reading my blog Silly one!

      -mangomaster

      Delete
  5. Hi mangomaster!
    Unlike everyone else's comments, I don't play Fortnite, people talk about it all the time, I never know why it's so popular. But this pretty much sums it up! It does sound like a cool game, but I know lots of other games also involve killing and such. What makes this game so special? Have fun playing!
    - chopsocckitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Mangomaster,
    I love fortnight I am probably chemically addicted to it. I to was great to hear what you had to say about one of the top grossing games. Do you watch any fortnite youtubers? when did you start to play it?

    Socks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mangomaster,
    I liked how you explained that some people only play because its considered "cool." One question I have is; Do you like playing by yourself or with friends?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mangomaster,
    This blog post was a really cool insight into the world of Fortnite, especially for some (like myself) who don't really play video games. But I was wondering, are there any negative effects that can come from playing violent video games?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear MangoMaster,
    I liked how you described all the ways fortnight is addicting and categorized the type of gamers. It was super interesting. What do you play fortnight on and what is your favorite game mode?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear MangoMaster,
    I liked how you wrote about how Fortnite is just a meme. In Fortnite, where is your go to place to land?
    From,
    soccerman1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear MangoMaster,
    I really like how you talked about how memes relate to Fortnite and how Fortnite is a meme. I have only played once or twice at a friends house and it was really addicting. which do you like most squad, duos, or solo?

    From,
    Isabella Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear MangoMaster,
    I really like how this blog post gave an insight into the game and how it can become an addiction. I Myself am addicted to fortnite as well. Could you tell me what your best kill was?
    Cheers,
    Cloudtrap

    ReplyDelete