Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Horses are My Life



Horses I love them so much, I have always thought about horses now vs then. I ride a horse named Meg and she is a mare (A female horse is called a mare and a male horse is called a stally.) I ride every Tuesday from 6-7Pm but I am there from 5:20-8:45Pm, because I have to tack up, ride, then untack my horse. 
Forward Stride Therapy Horse
"Meg is a 30+ year old Breeding Stock Paint. Interestingly, she is all black with no paint markings! She is essential to our Riding Program as she is great with beginning riders of all ages. Sweet, reliable, and solid are three adjectives that perfectly describe her!"

Forward Stride Therapy Horse
I also ride Bjorn, "he is an adorable little Fjord pony who is a valued member of there herd. He enjoys being in lead line lessons for his smallest riders" I ride without a leader because I am in an advanced class. Forward stride (My barn)

Horses used to be used in war and fighting, but now we ride them for fun and joy. When I mount up (get on the horse) I feel a rush of safeness and joy, I have always felt that way.

I think that horses and school are kinda the same because they both get my mind working but they change all the time. With horseback riding it's not that easy as if math is, math is hard for me, but back to what I was saying. School and horses and not easy but the more I ride/work the better I get and falling off a horse is kinda like failing a test. Try again and I will get it, I mean when I have fallen off meg or a different horse I get right back on. No matter the pain I am in. If I fail a math test I study, then try it again.


20 comments:

  1. Hi Horse Girl,
    I really liked seeing the specific horses that you ride, in your blog. I have never tried horseback, but I can relate to how sports are similar to school. I wonder, when did you start horseback riding?
    Sincerely, Cole Sprout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started horse back riding when I was around 6-7 and I knew the second I saw this riding demo, I knew horses where for me. I have been riding a total of 7 horses.

      Delete
  2. Hi Horse Girl,
    I really liked hearing about your horses! What is your favorite type of horse and why?

    From, thecowfellover

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to say a Icey (Icelandic Pony.)
    They have a really cute trot called a Tolt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Horse Girl,
    I think your blog is really cool because I myself have been on a horse before and I am not the best at it, I feel like the horses just really don't like me. What is you absolute favorite thing about horses?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite thing about all horses is how sweet they are and everything else

      Delete
  5. Dear Horse Girl,
    Great blog post; I really enjoyed learning about your horses! I've tried horseback riding a few times, but I'm not very good at it. I'm wondering which horse is your favorite and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said before the Icey (Icelandic pony)

      Delete
  6. Dear Horse Girl,
    I liked how you described how you actually feel safe around horses instead of afraid. One question I have for you is; How afraid were you when you first started riding horses?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly thought I was going to die, but I met this sweet big pony. He was so nice and the second I got on I never wanted to get off. :)

      Delete
  7. Dear Horse Girl,
    I liked reading your blog post because you wrote about something that I think you are really passionate about, and that showed in your writing. One question I have for you is: What is the worst fall you've ever had?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was cantering on this horse named Bucky (No I did not get bucked off, thats a different story/fall) but he was blind in one eye. We were going around the arena outside when my butt hit the saddle and he bolted. I fell but I got right back on.

      Delete
  8. Hi Horse Girl
    I think that it is really cool that you do participate in such a challenging sport. You must have to have a lot of trust in between you and your horse. Are you going to become a pro?
    Sincerely,
    pugandllamarama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pug,
      If u were my best friend, That answer is a yes. :)
      !

      Delete
  9. Dear Horse Girl,
    I liked how wrote about why you like your horses. Which one is your favorite?
    From,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B,
      If you mean out of those two I would say both, But if you mean all horses I would again say both.
      Theres also a horse named sunny (sunny daze) and I ride her rarely.
      -Horse girl

      Delete
  10. Dear Horse Girl,
    I really like how it seemed like you really care about these horses in your writing. I have never gone riding on a horse. Do you recommend trying it?

    From,
    Isabella Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh 100%
      You have to have a good seat, were you can sit well, Its so much fun!
      Since I don't know who you are, If you had questions come find me. I would be happy to talk.
      -HG

      Delete
  11. Hello Horse Girl!
    I enjoyed reading your post. I love horses, too. They're so beautiful! Have you ever tried riding bareback? If you have, is it really hard?
    Keep up the good blogging!
    ThornCat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Torn cat,
      I have and when I trot (Faster then a walk) Its a little hard but I have a good seat. I like to ride in a saddle.
      -HG

      Delete