Thursday, February 1, 2018

Singles vs. Doubles

As we all know there are differences between many sports. A big deal for many different people is the difference of team sports and single player sports.
There are pros and cons for each type. Let’s take tennis for an example. You have the option to play single and doubles.
Doubles Image result for singles tennis/ doubles tennis
As I have played both there are a few changes. For me to start a big one is having to rely on another person to make half of your teams shots. It also can create great friendships between two players. In the heat of the moment having another player can be useful. Playing singles versus doubles tennis is like playing two different sports. Not the actions that you do but the psychological part of the game. If you miss a shot chances are you will get yelled at. Or maybe that's just my experience with doubles. A Great thing that comes from playing sports with a team is just getting a sense of teamwork. Teamwork is good for both sports and just social interaction.
Singles Image result for singles tennis
In singles you don't have anyone to blame bad shot on and you also have a lot more pressure on you. During a match there is much pressure on you but when you hopefully win you feel 10 times better. For the most part people start with singles because it is better to learn the moves and the different strokes.
For both parts of the game it is a great game regardless. Both doubles and singles are great for you in multiple ways. As we all know sport are good regardless of your brain. So I encourage everyone to start up a sport singles and doubles.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Socks,

    I really enjoyed your blog post. I liked how you talk about the mental difference between the games, with the amount of pressure for when you win and lose. I thought that was a really interesting angle to the debate. I was wondering, which one do you prefer and why, if you played both types?

    Sincerely, WildStallion42

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear socks,
    I really liked your blog post because most people I know don't play tennis. I liked how you described the difficulties in both games. One question I have is; When did you first start playing tennis?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Purplesealsonpluto,
      I started playing tennis when I was only about 5 yers old and I have been playing ever sense.

      Sincerely socks

      Delete
  4. socks- I like how you talked about your experience but also what it is like for other people as well. You said that most people start out with singles, did you? Why did you start to play tennis?
    -Slim Celery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear celery.slim,
      I said that because when you are playing you get to hit half of the shots that you would if you were going to play singles. It is easier as well because you don't have to rely on someone else.
      - Socks

      Delete
  5. Dear socks,
    I really liked reading this blog post because I have always thought of Tennis as just a one person thing but there can be so much more to it then that. I liked how you wrote about how in singles you don't have anyone to blame a bad shot on but yourself. Do you prefer singles or doubles?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi socks,
    I play tennis a lot and I love it. When I play in tournaments I focus on singles more than doubles. I like how you explained singles and doubles. I agree that doubles is good for teamwork but it's not just the other persons fault if they miss the ball, because if they miss a shot because you constructed the point poorly it's really not their fault. Which one do you like better singles or doubles?
    Sincerely,
    pugandllamarama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear pugandllamarama,

      for me I ike both and they are very different But if I had to chose one I would choose doubles. Because I doubles there is not a better feeling then to win and high five your partner.
      - socks

      Delete
  7. Dear socks,
    I am a huge fan of tennis loved how well written your post is. I have two questions for you, how has tennis impacted your life and how much do you spend a week practicing? (if you do)
    Sincerely,
    Mangamaster

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Socks, I play tennis also. I liked how you talked about the pros and cons of singles and doubles. Do like singles or doubles more?
    Sincerely,
    soccer10

    ReplyDelete