This year, I played basketball for the Middle School blue team. I have played basketball a lot, and I really like it. But this year was definitely something new. This year, I made the A team. Last year, the games were not very competitive, just some 5th and 6th grade boys playing basketball. This year was different. I am definitely not the most skilled ball player out there. I am probably one of the worst on the team. But what sets me apart from the rest, in my eyes at least, is my willingness to always have a good work ethic. In tryouts, sometimes I realized that I was the only one hustling back on a fast break, or trying to get up to the play if I was behind it. I don't have the best handles, or the prettiest shot. But I always work hard.
Another thing that was new for me this year was plays. My main sport is soccer. In soccer, there is some loose tactics, but no real plays. This was my first year where I had to know where I had to be in relation to the ballcarrier. A lot of the team's plays revolve around screens, And if you don't set up the screen, the whole
play could be ruined. I sometimes had to have my friends remind me of where I had to be and when.
I think the quote on the right really sums up this essay. I think this because when I went into the season, I did not have much skill or knowledge of the sport, but, I put in hard work, and I am making a lot of progress. Here is a link to another great article that talks about something similar: Here
Photo credits: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/511017888945926902/
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/lebron-james-chase-down-block-avery-bradley-cavaliers-celtics-nba-playoffs-eastern-conference-finals
Hi Xander Vang,
ReplyDeleteI enjoy how you show us the image of knowledge and hard work. It really summed up your post. I also liked all of the detail and thought you had within it. What is your favorite part about basketball?
Sincerely, Cole Sprout
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Xander Vang,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you said that hard work at most times is the deciding factor for if you are at the top or bottom. I value your work ethic because I have been wanting to be consistent in this area of sports. One question I have is; How to you find soccer and basketball similar?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Dear Xander Vang,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how in your blog you talk about how last year for you was not competitive at all but you said that this year you are not the best on the team, well that makes sense because going from no competition to really hard competition is hard, you most likely did not learn much last year. What was it like making that transition?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear Xander Vang,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you talked about that even though you are not the best on your team, you are always working hard. What position do you play?
Sincerely,
soccer10
soccer10,
DeleteThank you for commenting on my post.
The position that I play is mostly shooting guard.
Dear Xander Vang,
ReplyDeleteI really liked that you included that even if your not the best on the team you are very hard working. Do you think who you coach was last year also affected how competitive you were?
From, thecowfellover