I am a competitive track/xc runner. Many people's when they here the word running mind's go immediately to pattering around a track gasping for breath in a effort to trim off a few pounds or the much dreaded PE mile run I however am not in that school of thought nor am I a runner because of as people put it the runners high supposedly some natural high one can achieve thru running. Quite honestly I do it for the thrill of competition to me there is nothing more exiting then a cutthroat Sunday afternoon 5k belting mile after mile out against my rivals. But if I just did it for the competition on one might ask why is soccer of football not competitive enough why must one run mile after mile just for the sake of crossing the finish first. The answer is this all my young life I played almost every common sport imaginable but no matter how much effort I put in I was left wondering why there was always that one kid who could score more runs swish more threes and never mess up a penalty shot. Then finally discourage by performance in sports I let myself get talk into a mile race. the gun when off and that race I put all my effort and will into it and for once it paid off. I thought to my self that I had finally found the perfect sport instead of the winner being the one who new the most skills in running the victor was the one who wanted in the most. And that is why I partake in a sport that is other sports punishment running.
https://www.runnersworld.com/high-school/thats-why-i-run
I have been a distance runner for 50 years and distance coach for 43 years. I love it when a younger person such as you "gets it." Keep at it and you will go far in sport and in life!
ReplyDeleteDear skier1,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you explained that in running the person that wants it the most wins. One question I have for you is; have you always liked running? As well as, do you ever get tired of it?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deleteskier1 - I applaud how you tried almost every single sport, and I know what you mean. There's always a LOT of people that are better than me, and I frankly can't understand why I'm not as good. I love how when you tried out running you finally found the perfect sport. I'm still waiting for that moment to happen. When did you first start running? - chopsocckitty
ReplyDeleteDear skier1,
ReplyDeleteYou have a very good take on what running really is to you in this post because like you said at the beginning of this post is people just think of running as basically a lot of work and I do but you helped me see a different point on view. Did you always like running?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear skier1,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you talked about trying other sports.
What is your best mile time and are you on a running team?
Sincerely,
soccer10
Dear skier1,
ReplyDeleteYour spirit and competitive attitude greatly reminds me of myself, however I find myself content with being mediocre at sports and playing the supporting role. I greatly admire your dedication and fortitude towards a thing you love. How long did it take for you to get a six minute mile?
Sincerely,
Eat Burgers
hello, all
ReplyDeletethank you for your comments it is a great way to show interest in what you are reading I only can answer one question my mile time is 5:10 thank you for reading my post