Wednesday, February 14, 2018

What it is like living with a twin

Living with a twin has its ups and downs. Everyone thinks it is so cool that I live with a twin but, to be honest, it's not always great living with someone the same age as you, same sex as you, play the same sports as you, has mostly the in same interests as you. You are basically with the someone for 24/7 it's living hell sometimes, they know everything about you, and sometimes you just get sick of it.
It's not all that bad though, and you always have someone there for you no matter what, you always have someone to help you with your problems. There are multiple stereotypical types of twins you can be. You can be those twins who can read each other's minds and feel each other pain. You can be the twins that are always fighting and causing destruction, or you can be the twins that are all of them like Douglas and me.
Douglas and I have are mood swings we can't stand each other sometimes, but we also have those times where we can't stop being nice to each other. I like it like that it keeps the balance in the house, trust me without some fighting the Eberwein Household would be an entirely different place.
Here are some Pros and Cons of living with a twin.
Pros:
  • You have someone there for you.
  • You can talk to them about anything.
  • You always have someone to hang out with and play sports with.
  • No matter what I will have a best friend for the rest of my life.
  • You always have someone to go on a double date with.


Cons:
  • Sometimes you just need your space, but you have your twin bugging you
  • You have the same friend group which is annoying because sometimes you just want to hang out with your best friend, but your brother is there butting in.
  • Things are always super competitive, so there's usually a lot of fighting.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Cloudtrap,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I love how you made a list of pros and cons and compared them. I was wondering, I know this is a hard question, but do you think the pros outweigh the cons, or the other way around? Basically, overall, would you rather have a twin or not?

    Sincerely,
    WildStallion42

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cloudtrap,

    I really liked you blog post I also really enjoyed reading the pros and cons list that you gave. Do you think having a twin is better than just having an older or younger sibling?

    Keep up the good blogging, thecowfellover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cloudtrap,
    I have an older brother and he does not even check in on me, he knows nothing about me and it hurts sometimes because I pay so much attention to him and he does not even say one word to me, I go days without seeing him, he is only 17. I wish I could be as close as you are with your twin sometimes because it seems nice having someone that knows stuff about you rather then having someone who could not care less about you. I don't think he knows how old I am or that I got my braces off or that I sprained my ankle. Do you ever think about what it would be like without him?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cloudtrap,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. I liked the list of pros and cons and the fact that you still find your brother fun to be around. One question I have for you is; How would it have impacted your life if you didn't have a sibling?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Purplesealsonpluto,
      Thank you for your intrest in my post. If I didn't have a sibling I would defintley be lonley but our house would be quiter.
      Cheers,
      Hayden

      Delete
  5. Dear Cloudtrap,
    I thought your post was really interesting; it was cool to hear your perspective on being a twin. What was the time you were most grateful for having a twin?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete