This photo is of Quidam the Cirque de Soleil show my coach
was in.
My coach was in Cirque de Soleil Quidam, it is a show that toured all
around the world that featured German Wheel.
I have become obsessed with watching mesmerizing videos and learning
new skills.
There is one hold up if someone is asking me about what sport I do, I
can’t really say “yeah I do German Wheel” without getting bombarded
with questions. I once had someone picking me up from practice, think I
was learning how to speak German. I have grown to not even mention it
to spare me from showing photos and explaining. SInce then I have been
eager to learn to do more tricks, it is always exiting and never gets
old.
German Wheel is such a modern art. It is futuristic and mesmerizing. It
is a great way to practice balance, strength and flexibility. All ages
can do German Wheel in someway.
Hello, Mrs. Piggy. I think this post is very well written, and I can relate. I am in a circus company, and whenever people ask me what I do outside of school, and I say that, they think I'm a clown! Then I try to explain that there's silks, sling, trapeze, lyra, contortion, acro, and more, and they still have no idea what I'm saying. I hope this will not be a problem in the future. -Mickey Mouse P.S. My friend Lucy (in my company) is in your german wheel class, and she convinced me to start! So hopefully I'll see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! It is so nice when someone actually knows what you are talking about! I can't wait to have another friend in the class thanks!!!
DeleteDear Mrs. Piggy,
ReplyDeleteI loved how you got right to the point in this post. I can see why you have stopped mentioning it to people to save yourself from the questions. I agree that it is very futuristic and beautiful. Do you hope to be a professional or is it something you do mostly for fun?
Thanks,
Han Cloclo2.0,
PS. Sorry that is a pretty overwhelming question,
Thank you, I mostly do it for fun but like I said my coach did German wheel professionally and he always talks about all the fun things he got to experience. I think touring around the U.S doing something I love could be amazing. But I think I will have to wait and see how things go. Thanks again!
DeleteMrs. Piggy
Mrs. Piggy-
ReplyDeleteI do an unusual sport too so I can relate to you. I hate it when people say it's not easy, when it's actually really hard. I liked how clear your writing was, it made your writing really good. My question is; when did you start doing German wheel? Where did you hear about it?
-Slim Celery
Thanks Slim Celery, I started German wheel about 2 years ago, I first did Silks and Acro I went to an intensive and they had german wheel, I loved it and started doing it more.
DeleteThanks, Mrs Piggy
Dear Mrs. Piggy,
ReplyDeleteI think that your blog is really really cool because you are not just talking about German Wheel but you actually do it so you can speak from the eye perspective. What is the very best thing about German Wheel?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Thank you so much LoveAndGelato! What makes german wheel so great is its a great workout, it involves and helps improve strength and flexibility, and it is just so fun.
Deletethanks,
Mrs. Piggy
Dear Mrs. Piggy,
ReplyDeleteI loved how you expressed your passion for the German Wheel. I was wondering; When did you first here about the German Wheel and feel that you wanted to begin learning it?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Thanks Purplesealsonpluto!
DeleteI first heard about it a a aerial intensive then I started taking it, I think I really fell in love after a month or two because its so fun and unique.
Mrs. Piggy
Dear Mrs. Piggy,
ReplyDeleteIt was really nice to hear about your love for German Wheel. I had kinda known what it was before, but this post helped to clarify that. I was wondering, are there German Wheel competitions/shows, and how are they judged?
Thanks,
Soccer4life4415
Awesome question Soccer4life4415! There are definitely shows those are mostly circuses.But there is something called gym wheel with is the same thing as German Wheel but in Gym Wheel there are competition, but to be honest I don't really know a lot about how Gym Wheel is judged because I don't do it but I would guess similar to gymnastics.
DeleteThanks so much!
Mrs. Piggy
Dear Mrs. Piggy,
ReplyDeleteI really loved reading your writing. I liked how you explained that you instantly fell in love with it. When did you start doing German Wheel?
From,
Isabella Johnson
Thank you Isabella Johnson,
ReplyDeleteI started during summer of 2016! Wow its been almost 2 years!
From,
Mrs. Piggy