Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Team Sports VS Individual Sports Benefits

Benefits:Team VS Individual Sports

In the sports world, there are mainly two different styles of sport: team sports and individual sports. Each offer their own benefits.

Team Sports

Playing team sports has many benefits. From social, physical, to even mental benefits. Take soccer for example. People on the soccer team practice together a lot, and as a result probably get to know each other. Those on a soccer team can develop close friendships and connections. Leading to an understanding of each others ideals and respecting them. Learning how to understand other people's opinions is an important life skill, opinions are everywhere and understanding them and respecting them can help grow relationships. Relationships can also help mentally, having extra friends from your team can be a good support system alongside other friends. If you feel down, friends can cheer you up and provide advice if there's a problem. Playing a team sport gives you the opportunity to make new friends who can support you. Physically, a team sport is great. It provides practically the same amount of exercise. While you can take a rest if you need to so there isn't a big problem of over exerting yourself. I know I have friends outside of school that I've played sports with. It's always great to talk to them and had I not played a little bit of team sports, probably wouldn't have as close friendships,

Individual Sports

Individual sports have very similar benefits as team sports. An example of an individual sport is tennis. While it can be a team sport, it is primarily an individual sport. While doubles is technically a team sport, singles is an important part of the game. Singles is played by yourself against one other player. So I will talk(or type) mainly about the singles aspect. Socially, singles can be different. While in tournaments you get opportunities to talk to opponents and possibly make friends with people in the tournaments. Mentally, making friends with opponents eases any tension between players because they know each other so it can be a little more friendly with opponents. Physically, individual sports can be difficult. There isn't anyone there to replace you if you need to take a break. Which means you can over exert much easier. However, you may get more exercise in because you don't have someone to replace you. Very similar to team sports, individual sports have many benefits. I have made lots of friends in individual sports, such as tennis singles.                 


Images:
Tennis: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oyxhHkOel2I/maxresdefault.jpg
Soccer: https://nevadapreps.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/9599078_web1_thinkstockphotos-soccer-517891314.jpg
                       




7 comments:

  1. I really agree with your point the start of how on a team you get to know each other versus playing a individual sport. I can connect with that point because on my team I really know my teammates well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgith- I like how detailed your writing is. I do a team sport but it can also be an individual sport, so I can see where you're coming from. Do you have a preference of team or individual? If so, why would you chose that?
    -Slim Celery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi celery.slim,
      First of all, thank you for commenting. As for my preference of team sports or individual sports, I play both of them.(Loophole!) I play tennis, and although I talk about individual tennis in my blog, I love team play. Doubles is an example of team play, and doubles is part of tennis. Being a part of a team is a great experience, you get to cheer others on and you get cheered on by those others. So in conclusion, I love both styles because of their different benefits.
      -Corgith

      Delete
  3. Dear Corgith,
    I liked how you talked about the strong bonds between people who play team sports versus individual sports. One question I have is; Have you played both individual and team sports?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Purplesealsonpluto,
      I have actually played both types of sports. I have played soccer in many years passed, and have played the singles part of tennis. So, I have played both types in a way. As stated in a previous reply, tennis has both singles AND doubles. Which I count as a team sport.
      -Corgith

      Delete
  4. Dear Corgith,
    I really like your blog because I play a team sport but it also has it's individual aspects to it, like you have to make the right decision for your team on your own but you also need your teams help at the same time. What is the best team sport to play for you?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello LoveAndGelato,
    The best team sport in my opinion is a little biased. I enjoy the "team" aspect of doubles for tennis. So it is one of my favorites. However, I really think other team based sports are great activities!
    -Corgith

    ReplyDelete