Monday, February 26, 2018

Skiing, My Passion

Ski Jump 
Skiing, weird to think about sliding on two planks of wood. Well thats how it all started.(https://www.skiinghistory.org/history/evolution-ski-shape)  Well compared to what we have with the fancy carbon fiber, and overly waxed bottoms. When I think skiing I think, fun with friends and the cold. skiing means fun, speed, memories, and wipeouts, of corse I don't do wipeouts (totally sarcastic.) One of my best memories while skiing is when I was going off a mildly small jump and i hit the little flag on the side, I WIPED OUT. Of corse My friends all saw it and still make fun of me for this. But you now get how the memories go while skiing, you will hold on to them for a long time. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to ski, I find it very fun and I get if you are scared. But there are such things as lessons. I know I am just getting at the same thing over and over again but I really want to emphasize that you should try skiing for memories, and for the overall fun of it. Ok but back to the skis, these matter. How many ski types do you think there are? 1, 2, 3, even 4? Well there are at least 9 (https://www.mountainheaven.co.uk/blog/an-introduction-to-different-types-of-skis/) 8 mentioned here but they have missed some such as telemark, or just general twin-tip skis (the standard rental skis.) Then you get into size and that is for a whole other blog. I will however get into the bindings, where is where you can get kinda weird not as weird as all of the skis though. You have telemark bindings which let you move your heel (not normal in skis) or rental bindings which are very heavy. When I call them the "rental bindings" that means the standard bindings in rental skis.
Telemark skis

22 comments:

  1. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I loved how you talked about all the memories you have from skiing. I know that I love to reminisce on skiing memories with my friends all the time. One question I have is how long have you been skiing for?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey happysoccerfish,
    I can totally relate to all the memories you make while skiing, it can be one of the most things of your life, especially with friends. I've been skiing since I was like 4 too, and hope everyone tries it. It was good that you talked about the different kinds of skies people use because it's really important if you really get into skiing. I was wondering how long you think you will be skiing, for the rest of your life? Also do you think one day you'd like to introduce skiing to people, teach it?
    Keep up the good blogging Fish,
    CHICKENUGGET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CHICKENNUGGET,
      I think and hope I will be skiing as long a I possibly can. I would hope my family will get into skiing because it is mostly just my dad and I that like skiing. Do you know how long you will be skiing?
      -happysoccerfish

      Delete
  4. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I like how in this post you talk about how skiing is more then just what it is said to be, it is about like you said memories and wipeouts and much more, I like that you said that because that is kind of like a metaphor for my whole entire life. What is your worst wipeout story?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello loveAndGelato,
      thanks for recognizing what I was really trying to say here! my worst wipeout story... ok I was maybe 9 I was going down my first double-black diamond, I went too far off of the suggested "easier way" and I hit a tree with my arm, then I spun out and fell down going backwards.
      -happysoccerfish

      Delete
  5. happysoccerfish-
    I used to go skiing a lot with my uncle and I had a lot of wipeouts, but I haven't really skied in a while. I like how you talked about the memories that skiing has and all the different kinds of skies, I thought that was cool. My one question is; where is your favorite place to ski? Why?
    -Slim Celery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Slim Celery,
      my favorite place to ski out of the places that I have been to, mt. Bachelor. I have just the best memories there skiing with my dad and I even have a map hanging up in my room.
      -happysoccerfish

      Delete
  6. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I like your blog because it also brought back some good memories for me. When I was little I used to skii a lot and I don't really anymore. I wish I still did. Do you still skii a lot?
    Sincerely
    Silly One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly one-
      Thanks for the comment! I do ski quite a lot, I go as much as I can. If you enjoyed skiing that much when you were littler, consider going up again. You could discover a new hobby.
      -happysoccerfish

      Delete
  7. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I thought your blog was really entertaining to read, because it talked about the different aspects of skiing as well as what you can gain from skiing (having fun, memories, cool wipeout stories). A question for you is: Have you ever gotten seriously hurt while skiing?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I like how you related skiing to memories. My question for you is When you hit the side flag and wiped out on that jump was that your worse wipeout or have you had worse if so what were they?
    From,
    Soccer lover 555

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear happysoccerfish,
    Interesting post! I loved how you talked about memories and related them to skiing. I was wondering if you ski in races?
    Thanks,
    decent.potato

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I liked how you talked about why you like skiing. How long have you been skiing for?
    From,
    soccerman1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi soccerman1,
      I have been skiing sense I was 4 so about 8 years, have you ever been skiing?

      Delete
  11. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I really liked how your writing showed that you have a passion for skiing. Do you think you will always have a passion for skiing? How old were you when you started skiing?

    From,
    Isabella Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isabella Johnson-
      I think unless something really moving or bad happens to me I will be skiing as long as I can. I was around 4 when I started skiing.
      -happysoccerfish

      Delete
  12. Hi happysoccerfish,
    I like that you included some of you memories of skiing. How often do you ski?
    From, thecowfellover

    ReplyDelete
  13. thecowfellover-
    I ski as often as I can, and I love it so much. Have you ever been skiing?
    From, happysoccerfish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I really enjoyed your story and how you narrate about skiing. I myself have only been skiing once but I really enjoyed it. How often have you wiped out?

    From,
    Eat burgers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear happysoccerfish,
    I loved that you talked about skiing it is my favorite thing to do I especially like ski racing. It was good you emphasized skiing for memories with I totally agree with.
    What is your favorite kind of skiing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey happysoccerfish,
    I like how you talked about hv memories while skiing. In that sense I can relate because every year I go and ski with my family. What is you favorite memory skiing?
    - socks

    ReplyDelete