My Beach, Our Beach
I can see through the cloudy skies and brisk air, memories awaiting me. Just catching a glimpse of those blue waves, and stepping in the cushiony, wet sand I relive years of summers and Christmases on the very same beach. It’s the beach in front of my grandma’s beach house in Puerto Rico. The beautiful beach circles us with palm trees that wave at us to go in the water. When family surrounds people it may cause some worry, but it calms me, knowing I have my people. They are the ones who love, don’t ignore, and grant me my best qualities. Going one Christmas without them troubles me, even if only one family doesn’t come I feel as though we are missing a piece of the puzzle that creates our family. When viewing our beach I can see my family smiling back at me, every piece is there, the palm trees, the sandy waves, the sunny skies, and it all forms one beautiful picture. It's a picture of my past, my future and the overwhelmingly beautiful present. When storms hit, which they have, I fear what may happen, not only to the people and economy, but what’s left at the end of the storm. That is when I see the defeated palms, and the poor, rough waves carrying shattered glass and tears of the people. Beaches relax me, feeling the wind in my hair, sand in my toes, and watching the waves crash over my family playing football and boogie boarding. I could never pass up the opportunity to go to the beach in Puerto Rico with my family, hearing my grandma mix up my cousins names and listening to her chatter in Spanish. Time passes after years of my hair lightening and family tanning, and I don’t realize that everyone is finally grown. College awaits three family members, while one is already there, soon what’ll be left are the smallest of us alone in the house. I know that after everything the beach will still remind me of all that has past, and how we will always remember it. 
Dear CHICKENNUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI really liked this blog, it had a flow and sense of seriousness that other blogs did not have, and I really liked that. I have a place like this, it called Black Butte Ranch. It is my favorite place in the entire world. I have been going there since I was a little tiny baby. We have a house there and Black Butte will always have meaning for me I know my entire way around it and I like it because it is a safe place for me and I can just go anywhere I want. Also, are those people in the first picture your family?
Hey Silly one,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, it's good to know other people feel the same way about a special place that I do. I'm glad you could relate to my blog and feel safe in that place like I do. Yes, that is my family in that picture, pretty fun times.
Thanks,
CHICKENUGGET
CHICKENUGGET-
ReplyDeleteI really liked how put together and smooth your writing was, it sounded like a poem. I have a few places that are important to my family that we go every year, but there's not just one place. My one question is; when was the first time, that you can remember, that you went to that beach with your family? Why did that beach become the place that you kept going back to?
-Slim Celery
Dear CHICKENUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog because in the start of it you really made me feel like I was on the beach and that is really cool because I feel like I can really see from your perspective. What is your favorite moment with your family on your grandmothers beach?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear CHICKENUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog post because I now how you feel. My cousins all live in California and are all either in college or working. I always think of how it won't ever be the same, but the thing is we can't control change, it happens no matter what. Even though it may be sad, think of the new traditions and memories you will make. I know it sounds very cheesy, but its the only thing that helps me move on. One question I have is; If you could take one trait or attribute from one of your family members in Puerto Rico that you do not have, what would it be?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Dear CHICKENUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your blog post. It was really well-written, and at times sounded almost like poetry, which I thought was really good. It made me think about places that are also really important to me, and the things that are threatening them, like global warming. I have a question for you: What is your favorite memory from the beach in Puerto Rico?
Thanks,
Soccer4life4415
Dear CHICKENNUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI really love the way you worded all of this. I love how you talk about how even though there's shattered glass, and "defeated palms," there's love and that it's a place for you to belong. This really resignates with me because my grandparents live in a very storm-prone place and I'm always terrified something like that will happen. I was wondering if you have any other place in the world be your "other home", where would your "other home be and why?
From,
DancingTurtlesOnMars
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear CHICKENNUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you wrote about what the beach means to you. What is your favorite beach in the world?
From,
soccerman1
Dear CHICKENNUGGET,
ReplyDeleteI really loved how your writing had more of a poetic flow to it instead of just writing an article. You in the end are talking about three people leaving for college. I like you am one of the younger kids in my family. Are you the youngest out of all your family members?
From,
Isabella Johnson