According to the American Humane Society there are many risks of having outdoor cats
besides the ones I already knew about, including getting diseases, accidentally eating toxins
and getting stuck in trees while their owner doesn’t know where they are. Reading that
list could make a loving owner keep their cat inside for the rest of its life. However according
to another website I looked at keeping a cat indoors could lead to health problems as well.
According to that website, boredom can actually make cats sick, so indoor cats must be well
entertained but according to Aspen Grove Veterinary if cats become too reliant on their
owners for stimulation they may become stressed when their owner isn’t home. So there are
varied opinions about whether cats should be allowed to go outside.
besides the ones I already knew about, including getting diseases, accidentally eating toxins
and getting stuck in trees while their owner doesn’t know where they are. Reading that
list could make a loving owner keep their cat inside for the rest of its life. However according
to another website I looked at keeping a cat indoors could lead to health problems as well.
According to that website, boredom can actually make cats sick, so indoor cats must be well
entertained but according to Aspen Grove Veterinary if cats become too reliant on their
owners for stimulation they may become stressed when their owner isn’t home. So there are
varied opinions about whether cats should be allowed to go outside.
I think it is a difficult choice to make, but the decision is cat owners to make, and based off that
choice, know how to keep their cats healthy and safe. If only we could ask the cats what they
want. My cats are outside cats and though I may worry about them if they are safe it will be
worth it. And I think that they will be safe. My previous cat was an outdoor cat in three different
neighborhoods, including the one I live in now and he was fine. My cats are vaccinated for
diseases that are spread between outdoor cats and I believe that our neighborhood is very safe
for cats. My cats love exploring outside and I believe that they should have that freedom.










Hi, Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake. This post was very well written. I recently got a new cat as well, but we can't let him outside because he is CRAZY. I hope your cats can navigate the outside world! -Mickey Mouse
ReplyDeleteHi Mickey Mouse,
DeleteThank you. I hope you have many fun adventures with your cat.
-Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake
Hi Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake. I really enjoyed this post and it was really well done. One way that the cats could go outside unsupervised is a catio. Catios let cats go outside but not free range. I hope your cats stay safe outside. -Star Girl
ReplyDeleteThank you Star Girl, and thanks again for letting me know about catios.
Delete-Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake
Hi Monkeys Dancing In a Chocolate Cake,
ReplyDeleteYour cats are so cute! I really liked how you talked about the benefits and downsides to having indoor or outdoor cats. I have indoor cats, and they are often very curious to what is in the outside world. Now that your cats have been outside, do they keep wanting to go?
-Square Cat
Hi Square Cat,
DeleteThank you! Before we let our cats outside they were very curious about the outside world, like your cats. Yes, my cats do keep wanting to go outside, though they are more calm now than they used to be because they have resigned to the fact that they can't go outside whenever they want yet.
Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Monkeys Dancing In a Chocolate Cake,
ReplyDeleteI think your cats and your whole blog are really cute! I have dogs but don't get me wrong cats are cool as well. When did you first start loving cats?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear LoveAndGelato,
DeleteI have loved cats for as long as I can remember. I think dogs are cute too, but I don't have as much experience with them as I do with cats.
Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake
Dear Monkeys Dancing In a Chocolate Cake,
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures you have of your cats! I can never seem to convince my parents to get a pet let alone a cat(I don't know why). One question I have for you is; Are cats you favorite animal?
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Dear Purplesealsonpluto,
DeleteThank you. I was born in the year of the monkey and I love to climb trees, but cats are still my favorite animal. Good luck convincing your parents!
-Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake
Dear Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake,
ReplyDeleteI love this post for how well written it is. And I love the photos!
I do have a question for you though, What type of cats are Flutter and Cinna?
Sincerely,
Mangamaster
Hello Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake!
ReplyDeleteI loved your post! And the pictures are absolutely adorable! My cats could never be outdoor cats, we have too many coyotes in our neighborhood. Have they ever caught a bird or snuck out? What's their favorite thing to do outside? I love cats, too, if that isn't obvious because of my name.
Great blog post!
ThornCat
Dear Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading your post! It was fun to hear about your two pets, and the consideration you take when deciding where to let them roam. I have always loved cats, but alas, my dad is allergic and so we can't get any. But that never stopped my from "adopting" cats that I would find walking around (usually that already had owners) when I was younger. What was the name of the cat you had before?
Thanks,
Soccer4life4415
Dear Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake,
ReplyDeleteI really like your writing and thought it was very well written. I have never really get to play with cats because my sister is allergic, but your cats look super cute! Have you always love cats?
from,
Isabella Johnson
Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake-
ReplyDeleteI do not have cats, but I have cat sit my neighbors cats a lot. I have seen a lot of coyotes in our neighborhood, so I don't think they're outdoor cats. Are Cinna and Flutter your first cats?
-Slim Celery
Hi Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake,
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have cats, but I am allergic to cats. I enjoyed learning about the difficulties in choosing whether your cats can roam outside freely or relax indoors. I can relate with all the noise your cats make while playing. My bunny loves jumping and binkying around my house. Do you have any other pets or plan to get more?
Thanks,
minionsrule!12
Dear Monkeys dancing in a chocolate cake,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your layout and all the pictures it really helped the blog become clearer. I once was a cat lover as well but my cat resently got eaten by a coyote and I have lost the will to get another cat. Besides this fact I still love cats (I just cant bear to have one.) If you could have any kind of cat what kind would it be?