Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Having An Older Sister

Image result for sister
I have the most amazing older sister. I can’t imagine life without her. She always has my back, and I try my best to have hers. She is supportive of my decisions, and helps me with my homework. I feel like having an older sister, or just a sibling in general can be portrayed as annoying or bad. Well that is not always the case.

There are different types of siblings. There are mean sibling that probably still care about you, but maybe not as much as others. There are step siblings that could make you feel like you are siblings by blood or not. The other type of sibling is type of sibling that I am so lucky and grateful to have. This type of sibling is nice, kind, loving, supportive, involved, and cares about you a lot! My point is that there are a lot of kinds of siblings and such a wide range.

It is really nice to have an older sister. I can talk to her if I have a problem and vice versa. We can share memories, good and bad. We go through a lot together, and it makes talking really fun.
Back when the American revolution was happening the average family had 1-6 children. Some families had over nine if they could afford it. Many of the older siblings would have to babysit the younger ones, and once the child was old enough they would have chores to do. I think that this would be a life that is a lot harder than the life that most people have. It would also probably mean that siblings wouldn’t know each other as well and wouldn’t be as close.

Things have changed since 1873 though. The average family now has 1-4 children not 1-6. This has also changed how much families are connected. Which also affects the siblings connection. I think that with less children siblings can be more connected and sisters are more meaningful.

Other Relative Blogs: - https://worcult.blogspot.com/2014/01/being-middle-kid-at-ellis-is-not-as.html
                               

17 comments:

  1. Hi Chopsticks,
    I really liked how you explain the different types of siblings with such detail. I to have a sibling, that I share good and bad memories with. I wonder if age has a variable with how siblings interact and get along?
    Sincerely, Cole Sprout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chopsticks,
    I loved how you appreciate your older sister, because as an only child, people always tell me how lucky I am, not knowing that I"m bored and not entertained more often than not. Many of my friends don't get along with their siblings; do you think it is rare to get along with siblings nowadays?
    -cupcakesforlife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cole Sprout,
    I definitely think that age affects people relationships as siblings! Thanks for reading my blog!
    -Sincerely,
    Chopsticks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Chopsticks, I really liked the post and thought it was very relatable. How do you think siblings become annoying or loving? Is there a process they go through?

    -Fashion_i_like_love_i_hate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chopsticks,
    I really like seeing your point of view with this post because I have an older brother and I have always wondered what it would be like to have a sister. What is the main difference between having a sister or having a brother? Am I missing out?
    Sincerely,
    LoveAndGelato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Chopsticks,
    I like how you talked about different kinds of siblings, and which one you have. What is your favorite part about having an older sister?
    -Sincerely,
    ILikeFood

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Chopsticks,
    I really liked your blog about sisters, I have a younger sister and she means a lot to me, I could definitely relate to you when you described your relationship with your sister and about how you think that their are different types of sisters.
    Thanks,
    Freddy;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Chopsticks,
    I really liked how you explained that not all siblings are the devils people say they are. I know I don't know how I 'd live without my brother. One question I have for you is; What is the best part of having a sister?
    Sincerely,
    Purplesealsonpluto

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Chopsticks,
    I really enjoyed reading you blog post. I have a younger brother, and I really do care a lot about him, but we often fight a lot. What do you think are the most important contributing factors that make you and your sister such good siblings?
    Thanks,
    Soccer4life4415

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Chopsticks,

    I loved how you talked about the different types of older siblings.  I also have an older sister, and just like yours, she is always there for me. We were close when we were younger, and I feel that we are even closer now as we are getting older. I have mixed feelings about having more or less siblings. I’m just glad that I’m not a middle child. How many children do you think you will have one day?

    From,
    minionsrule!12

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chopsticks, I liked how you talked about having a sister. I thought this was very meaningful and I like how you talked about your own experiences. I also have an older sister and I have the same connection with her. Do you have any other siblings?
    -Pemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chopsticks-
    I liked how you mostly talked about the good things about having a sister, but you also included what it used to be like. I have an older sister too and I find that she's really nice, most of the time. Has she always been nice to you?
    -Slim Ceery

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Chopsticks,
    I like that you included you experience of what its like having an older sister. What do you think it's like for your sister to have a younger sister?
    From, thecowfellover

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Chopsticks,
    I really like how you talked about why you love your sister. I also have an older sister. I love her so much and like yours I have the sibling that is loving and cares for you. what is your best memory with your sister?

    From,
    Isabella Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Chopsticks,
    I also have a sister. it was fun to relate to you In some ways and not in others. What is our least favorite part about having an sister? what is your favorite thing about it?
    - socks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Chopsticks,
    I already posted a comment to your blog a few weeks ago but I just thought of a question for you and had to ask it, is there a large or small age gap between you and your sister and do you think it has affected your relationship with her in any way?
    Thank you for such a heart-warming blog post.
    -Freddy

    ReplyDelete