When you're the youngest child in your family, you are always compared to your older siblings. For example, if you did poorly on a math test, your parents may say something like, "Your brother was always good at math." or "Your sister would have studied harder." Your parents aren't the only ones to compare you to your siblings, your teachers do too. If your siblings did well in class, they expect you to do the same. You always get compared to your siblings because they were the first to do things, so they set the standard for how well they do things, and you are expected to do just as well.
When you are a first child, your parents hire babysitters who are fun and entertain you. But, if you are the youngest child, your parents just have your older siblings babysit you. Older siblings babysitting you are bossy, and they don't do fun things with you. They also can give you punishments or torture you just for the fun of it. They think that because your parents aren't there, they can do whatever they want to make you miserable.Overall, being the youngest child has some low points. While there are some struggles, there are the few high points that you get also. Sometimes my siblings can actually be nice to me and we can have a good time together. Being the youngest child can have conflict, but it does have some positive points.
Image 1
Image 2
And you can tell your siblings that your parents saved the best for last!
ReplyDeleteI like you point of how your teachers compare you to your sibling Because I never really thought of that before.
ReplyDeletePemma?- I like how detailed you were about the examples from your personal experience, it made the writing interesting to read. You gave a few examples on why it's annoying to be the youngest, but what do you think is the absolute best part? That is, if you have one.
ReplyDelete-Slim Celery
Dear celery.slim, Thanks for reading my blog! I think the best part about being the youngest is that I get more stuff that my siblings got when they were my age.
DeleteSincerely,
Pemma
Pemma?,
ReplyDeleteGreat blog post! As an only child, at times I wish for an older sibling to help me with work, or entertain me; this really has given me a different perspective to that! You have stated that being the youngest sibling has its high and low points--do you think the pros outweigh the cons, or would you be happier as an older sibling or only child?
Dear Pemma?
ReplyDeleteI like how you listed different examples on how being the youngest isn't as easy as people think. Which of these things happens to you the most?
-Sincerely,
ILikeFood
ILikeFood, Thanks for reading my blog! I think the hardest part about being the youngest is when your older siblings tell you what to do, even when they are wrong.
DeleteSincerely,
Pemma?
Dear Pemma?,
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to this blog post of yours because I am an only child as well and sometimes it can just be so annoying because my parents assume that because my brother did something I want to. I like how you talk about how when your the youngest your older sibling has to babysit you because same. HWat is the best part about being the youngest?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato
Dear Pemma?,
ReplyDeleteI can somewhat relate to your blog post because I have an older brother, but he doesn't give me punishments or ignores me. I liked how you talked about how teachers expect you to be as good as your older sibling.
Sincerely,
Purplesealsonpluto
Dear Pemma?,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading your blog post, and hearing your perspective on being a younger sister, especially because I am an older sibling. But how has being a younger sibling positively affected your life?
Thanks,
Soccer4life4415