Today, fashion is all over the world with famous designers, Coco Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy etc. Have you ever wondered who the first fashion designer was? His name was Charles Frederick Worth. He founded the House of Worth, one of the most famous fashion houses back in the 19-20th century. If it wasn't for him, fashion wouldn't be this famous today or might even be unrecognizable.


He later became a leading salesman, and opened his own tiny dressmaking shop. He later became a professional dressmaker. His award winning designs were later displayed in the Great Exhibition in London (1851). This success leaded him to opening his own firm with business partner in 1855. Charles Frederick Worth work opened up people's eyes to Paris with his fashion, which made it a showpiece of Europe. If it wasn't for Charles Frederick Worth Paris wouldn't be the huge hit for fashion it is today.

Over the years fashion has evolved hugely. With new company's coming into the market, new ideas start emerging. Especially the clothing lines for teens. Every year the company's who design clothes for us are competing to think what will get the most attention/appeal. Certain trends may start in a weird way as well. Maybe someone that a lot of people look up to starts to wear a certain brand/clothing line and other people like the way it looks. More people will buy it and all of the sudden its a huge trend that everyone seems to wear. More and more people will buy it till everyone has it. But then all of the sudden the huge amount of popularity for that item drops. Company's then again have to find another idea that will appeal/get attention. This is how trends start and stop. Over the years you can imagine how many trends have come and gone, and how fashion was like back then and how it is now.
Fashion interests me a lot. I enjoy shopping and designing, and I want to become a designer when I grow up as well. I always thought how people came up with trends was so cool and I wanted to be able to do something like that one day as well. My uncle is a designer for Nike, so I get to work with him on designs that i'm interested in, and he helps me through the process of designing something. The process is much more complex then you would think and the tiny detail in every step is very important. Im so glad that Charles Frederick Worth lived out his passion, otherwise I wouldn't be able to live out mine.


Sources:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wrth/hd_wrth.htm


Charles Frederick Worth grew up in Bourne, Lincolnshire, England in 1825. As a young man he worked for London textile merchants, just long enough to know enough about fabrics and dress supplying. Most of Charles Frederick Worth work was to produce dresses for shops in Paris. Some of his first work was inspired by paintings he saw at The National Gallery.
He later became a leading salesman, and opened his own tiny dressmaking shop. He later became a professional dressmaker. His award winning designs were later displayed in the Great Exhibition in London (1851). This success leaded him to opening his own firm with business partner in 1855. Charles Frederick Worth work opened up people's eyes to Paris with his fashion, which made it a showpiece of Europe. If it wasn't for Charles Frederick Worth Paris wouldn't be the huge hit for fashion it is today.

Over the years fashion has evolved hugely. With new company's coming into the market, new ideas start emerging. Especially the clothing lines for teens. Every year the company's who design clothes for us are competing to think what will get the most attention/appeal. Certain trends may start in a weird way as well. Maybe someone that a lot of people look up to starts to wear a certain brand/clothing line and other people like the way it looks. More people will buy it and all of the sudden its a huge trend that everyone seems to wear. More and more people will buy it till everyone has it. But then all of the sudden the huge amount of popularity for that item drops. Company's then again have to find another idea that will appeal/get attention. This is how trends start and stop. Over the years you can imagine how many trends have come and gone, and how fashion was like back then and how it is now.
Fashion interests me a lot. I enjoy shopping and designing, and I want to become a designer when I grow up as well. I always thought how people came up with trends was so cool and I wanted to be able to do something like that one day as well. My uncle is a designer for Nike, so I get to work with him on designs that i'm interested in, and he helps me through the process of designing something. The process is much more complex then you would think and the tiny detail in every step is very important. Im so glad that Charles Frederick Worth lived out his passion, otherwise I wouldn't be able to live out mine.


Sources:
http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wrth/hd_wrth.htm
Hi Isadora,
ReplyDeleteI think it's interesting how you have noticed how a trend is born and fades away. I too am interested in fashion, and I somehow never knew about Charles Frederick Worth. Thank you for bringing him to my attention!
-MK♡
Palace43,
DeleteIts cool how we can relate to this! Your welcome!
-IC
Isadora,
ReplyDeleteLovely blog post! I have noticed your love for fashion at school, and I find it inspiring you are bringing your interests in real life and pouring them into this extremely well written blog post! I too have noticed how trends are born and slowly fade away, and never knew who Charles Frederick Worth was! Is he an inspiration to you? Does he make you feel inclined to live out your own passion and achieve your dreams? Go for it girl!
You would make a great designer,
-Flexi
Isadora,
ReplyDeleteI really love your blog post because I know you love fashion. Its so interesting how Charles Worth isn't very famous even though he was the first fashion designer. What is a Fashion House?
Great job Isa,
Tennis MS CGS
thank you for such a nice comment! a fashion house is a company/place that specializes in high end fashion designing.
Delete-IC
Greatjob!
ReplyDeleteIt is so fascinating that fashion is so different back then! It is so interesting that just one man, changed how fashion is. Do you want to work on shoes, clothes or different types of fashion when you grow up?
Great post
-Lion
Hi Isadora,
ReplyDeleteI love this post because you talked about if it wasn't for Charles Frederick Worth, fashion might not be as big of a trend as it is. In the future, do you hope to evolve fashion as Charles Frederick Worth did?
-ILoveBasketball
Dear isa,
ReplyDeleteI loved your blog. i was wondering if you are inspired by Charles Frederick Worth? It was a great blog.
Isa,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your article, especially the part where you talk about teens fashion, i had no idea it could be so difficult! I didn't know you wanted to be a designer when you grew up! Did your uncle inspire you? Great job!
- Izzy
Hey Isa,
ReplyDeleteI loved this blog! It talked about a person who I would have never known about. What type of fashion designer do you want to be when you grow up?
-Sushi is the best!
Isa,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your blog, and I never knew that somebody invented fashion! Would you want to meet Charles Fredrick Worth, if he was alive?
-Polarbear23
Hi Isadora,
ReplyDeleteI loved your blog post. Who would have thought that the fashion industry was all started by one fashion designer. I was wondering if you would rather have fashion trends be the same as they are today or go back to older trends?
Amazing Blog,
Rainbow
Dear Coxi,
ReplyDeleteWhat is a fashion house? I have never heard of such a thing before. I thought fashion had existed for a while, but was it called something different before?
I like how you went in detail about how his career got started.
-David C.
Dear Coxi,
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of Charles Fredrick Worth until you talked about him. I liked this blog post because you posted about something you cared about and something you knew a lot about. I have one question, how well known is Charles Fredrick Worth?
-Bobbyblogman
Isadora,
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting topic! I love that you talked about the background of fashion and that you aspire to be a designer when you're older. I learned many interesting facts from this blog post. For example, I had no idea that the first fashion designer was a man named Charles Fredrick Worth. What is your biggest inspiration for becoming a designer?
Wonderful blog post!
-Blog Person
Coxi,
ReplyDeleteWhat an fascinating topic! The way you talk about the first fashion designer and how he influenced today's world was really interesting. I never knew that there was a, "First" fashion designer. Another thing that I found intriguing is how you compared it to your own life, that your uncle is a designer. What type of designer do you want to be when you grow up?
-Camy
Dear Coxi,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading your blog post because I love fashion as well and I never really thought about it like this. When you are picking out outfits do you even think about the history of what you are wearing?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato