Why is twitter so popular these days? Why can't I go a conversation without hearing about our presidents exploits on this social media? The answer may have something to do with the way it makes us feel connected.
Despite our presidents vulgar comments on twitter, it is still a great place. You can talk to your friends, see what other people are doing, and find funny memes! All of these actions have one thing in common: they all make you feel good. In general, the reason why people use twitter is to make them feel good. Humans have a natural need to feel connected to their environment. When we have no idea what other people are doing, we worry that there is some great party or something going on without us. This feeling is called the Fear Of Missing Out, or FOMO. FOMO is a common symptom associated with social media addiction. Some ways to counteract this are to generally disconnect from technology for a while. Take a walk, or go on a hike in a forest near your house with you dog.
Social media causes us to be connected to environment. But at what point is connected too connected?
Do you have and use a Twitter account? I think it is super interesting to consider some of the generational divides when it comes to social media! Thanks for sharing this post.
ReplyDeleteDear Davitts,
ReplyDeleteI like your post because you explain why people use twitter. You also talk about people getting addicted. What is your favorite social media site?
-KB Blogger
Dear KBB,
DeleteThank you for your comment! My favorite social media site is Instagram.
-Davitts
Davitts,
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to FOMO, i'm so glad my friends never do anything fun so I don't have to worry! Just kidding, I think your view on how people can get addicted to social media because of the fear of missing out very true, as I have even seen friendships torn apart due to a post of people throwing a party, one of which the victim of FOMO was not invited to. Do you think social media does more harm than good?
Best wishes,
-Flexi
Hi Davitts,
ReplyDeleteDo you have a twitter account, and if so do you use it a lot? I find it really interesting how people use twitter when they go places even with family or pets. Do you think that twitter and other sources of social media are a good thing or a bad thing? Great job!
- JPLAX
Davitts,
ReplyDeleteThis article is so relatable. I really like how you talked about the good and bad reasons of twitter. Do you personally think twitter is a good thing for a bad thing?
-Ava
Davitts,
ReplyDeleteThis is a really cool article. I think it is cool how relevant this article is to the news.
Hello Davitts,
ReplyDeleteNice article! Twitter has become quite an interesting social media platform. Trump seems to use twitter more than any other form of social media. Do you have a twitter account?
-NWS
Dear NWS,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment! I do not have a twitter account, but I have an instagram.
Davitts,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post! I now realize why I want to check social media all the time thanks to this post. I never knew it was to keep me connected with the community and I definitely have the fear of missing out. Do you have the FOMO?
-ILoveBasketball
Davitts,
ReplyDeleteI really like your topic because I here a lot about what Donald Trump has said on Twitter so I can relate. Have you ever experienced FOMO before?
Nice Job,
Tennis MS CGS