Basketball is my favorite sport. I have been dribbling and shooting since I was three. Basketball is a fast and quick sport. When you play you have to be energetic, quick, and aware of everything around you.
Basketball is usually played in the fall. I play year round so I can get better. I play for a club team named Maeko. We have won multiple tournaments but have also lost some too. My favorite teams in the NBA (National Basketball Association) are probably the Oklahoma City Thunder or the Golden State Warriors. Basketball is a sport played all across the world and is the third most played sport in the world.
In my opinion, I would say the US is the most competitive for basketball. We have the best players from across the world. Basketball is very competitive in our age group. In the sport, you will get hit and tossed around but you learn to toughen up. You also learn to flop. Flopping is a key part of the game for some people. If you are good at it then you could get some pretty unfair calls made in your favor, but you do not want it to be obvious.
If you are one of the best, then, like plenty of other sports, you will get a scholarship. Scholarships are very good but you need to really show the team that you are worth it. If you do then you might get drafted to the NBA. It has been my dream since I was in 3rd grade to get drafted into the NBA, and I have been working towards this dream of mine ever since.Basketball is my favorite sport. I have been dribbling and shooting since I was three. Basketball is a fast and quick sport. When you play you have to be energetic, quick, and aware of everything around you.
AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was cool how you dream to play in the NBA. Do you think flopping is good or bad for basketball? Did you know the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals?
JG
JG,
DeleteI think flopping is bad when it works for the other team but good when it works for our team and the refs were paid lots of money for making the cavs win.
Hi AverageOnion.
ReplyDeleteI like how you tell us who you're favorite players are and how you talk about college scholarships. Have you really been played basketball since you wee three? When were you on your first team?
- JPLAX
JPLAX,
DeleteYes, I have been playing basketball since I was three and I was on my first team when I was 5.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI thought that your blog was very interesting, but I had a couple of questions:
Did you know that the warriors blew a three to one lead?
Why don't you like your local NBA team?
Do you like Lamelo Ball or JaVale McGee more? Why?
Thanks!
-NH
Young Duty,
DeleteFirst off thank you for your comment but it was the refs that made horrible calls to make the cavs win. The reason why the blazer aren't my favorite team is because my favorite players have been Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook for a very long time and they both played on the Oklahoma City Thunder so that is why I like OKC then when Kevin Durant was traded to the Warriors I started to like the warriors even more, and no I am not a band wagon. I like Lamelo Ball better then JaVale McGee.
Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteI love how this post expresses who you are and what you aspire to do and be! I think it is truly heart warming to know you are working hard to get better at what you love, and that your goal is to get a scholarship one day! I too love the the Oklahoma City Thunders and the Golden State Warriors, but why don't you like your local NBA team?
Rock on, and don't forget to SHOOT for the stars,
-Flexi
❤️Flexi_Ally_Kat❤️,
DeleteThe reason why the blazer aren't my favorite team is because my favorite players have been Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook for a very long time and they both played on the Oklahoma City Thunder so that is why I like OKC then when Kevin Durant was traded to the Warriors I started to like the warriors even more.
Dear AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI liked you post because you explained your personal basketball history and your favorite NBA Teams. I liked how you talked about what skills you need to be a basketball player. How hard is it to get a basketball scholarship? Did you know that The Thunder and The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead?
-KB Blogger
K B Blogger,
DeleteThe difficulty of getting a scholarship can vary because some schools aren't known for their sports programs and they will be willing to take anyone but the schools that I would like to go to are very hard to get a scholarship for because for them you have to be the best in the league. The warriors did not blow a 3-1 lead the refs just sucked.
Dear AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteThis post was cool because you talked about the NBA and your experiences with basketball. You showed how much you enjoy basketball by first, stating it was your favorite sport, and then talking about it and what country is the most competitive. I have one question, why do you think basketball was invented?
-Bobbyblogman
bobbyblogman
DeleteThank you for your comment, basketball was invented because a man named James Naismith wanted to make a game where the kids would play together and so their school would have a different game other than dodge ball.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAverage Onion,
ReplyDeleteI love how you talk about flopping and what it has done to the game. I like how you showed what country is the most competitive. Do you think your dream of being in the NBA will be a dream forever, or will you work until you get there?
-I love Basketball
I love Basketball 123,
DeleteThanks for your comment, I think I will work until I get there but if I turn around 27 and haven't yet been drafted I will probably stop and try for my second job in mind, but I have no clue what I will do when I grow up.
Dear AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteThis is a really interesting blog post! I like how you incorperated your views and experience with basketball.
Thanks!
-Slughater
Slughater,
DeleteThanks for your comment, if you have any questions just ask.
Dear AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI was wondering is there one player that inspires you the most?
-bumpsetspike
bumpsetspike
DeleteYes thank you for asking that, the player that has been inspiring me all this time has been Kevin Durant.
Hi Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you started off the article talking about how basketball relates to you. Is basketball a method of escape from the world for you? Also, is there any reason in particular why you chose basketball instead of other sports? Great job on your post!
-Izzy
Izzy,
DeleteThank you for your comment. I don't really think basketball is a method to escape the world for me but the reason I like more than other sports is because basketball is just easy for me to play and I think it makes more sense to me.
Hi AVERAGEONION,
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really cool! I personally have never played BB for a team! I was wondering what makes you like Basket Ball so much?
Thanks!
-AC
cooldude,
DeleteThe reason I like basketball so much is because I have played since I was very little and it is just really special to me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOwn,
DeleteThanks for your comment, I play basketball for a team named maeko, and I do not know if it is named after the shark.
Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate you describing 'flop' in the blog, I did not know what it was for the longest time. Have you met any famous basketball players?
Thanks,
Peanutbutterisbad
Peanutbutterisbad,
DeleteYes I have actually met some basketball players, I have met Kevin Durant, the whole Blazers team, LeBron James, Michell Jordan, and Steve Nash.
Hi AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteGreat job in this piece of writing! Since you obviously do not live in Oklahoma or San Francisco, have you ever seen your favorite teams play? If so, how many times?
Palace43
palace43,
DeleteThat is right I don't live in Oklahoma or San Francisco but I have seen my favorite teams play plenty of times, I have seen OKC play about 10 times and I have seen the Warriors play about 10 times.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI love this post, and that you have had a dream to be an NBA player for so long! This was also written really well. I was wondering, why do you like OKC and the Warriors so much?
Sushi Is the best,
DeleteThanks for your comment! My favorite players have been Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook for a very long time and they both played on the Oklahoma City Thunder so that is why I like OKC then when Kevin Durant was traded to the Warriors I started to like the warriors even more.
AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI loved your post, and your stories of dreaming to eventually be in an NBA league really inspired me. The flow of this post is incredible, you started out talking about your early years, and how and why you play basketball, but still inform us about the informational side of the sport. Do you think people could still have a chance to get into the NBA without a scholarship, or is it completely necessary?
-Zeidcats
AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post a lot! It's really cool how you've been playing basketball since you were three. I like how you included stuff about flopping and we both know Lebron would be proud of you:). What do you think your favorite part of basketball is? Also, what do you think about the Warriors and the Thunder blowing 3-1 leads in the playoffs last year?
~Dillon
Hello AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteYour post was really interesting! I like how you talked about flopping, which I hadn't heard about before. Do you have games all year or just during basketball season?
-NWS
Hi AverageOnion,
ReplyDeleteI dont know a lot about basketball so it was really cool to hear about your experience with it. This is a random question but why do you thing that boys basketball is so much more popular than girls basketball? What are your favorite girls basketball teams?
-Tennis MS CGS
ReplyDeleteHi, Average Onion
This is a very nice blog and I like your insight from your own life and how you were very honest about your wins and lost. Do you ever think they will have shoes that help players run faster or jump just a little higher. This is a very good blog your friend Bobby The Unicorn.
Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteThis blog post is really interesting! I had no idea "flopping" was such a big part of basketball. Do you ever flop when you play? Does it give you any advantages?
Awesome blog!
-Blog Person
Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteAs someone who doesn't consider himself to be an athlete, this post really surprised me! I could tell that this was a topic that really matters to you and I especially liked the way you wrote this blog post. Another thing I liked a lot about your post was how you talked about the U.S. being the best at basketball and the most competitive. Very interesting! My question to you is, would you go to the olympics to see basketball games?
Great Job,
Camy
Dear Average Onion,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post because I play Basketball as well and I do not know half as much about it as you do. What is something that you do in basketball that you can take off the court and use in your everyday life?
Sincerely,
LoveAndGelato