Monday, February 22, 2016

       


The Circular Saw


A lot of people don't realize how fortunate we are to have houses. There are many tools we us in the making of them however one of them, in my opinion is more important than some. The circular saw. You might say that you don't need a circular saw to make a house which is true but can you imagine making a house with a hand saw. Using one in woodshop is hard enough already. The circular saw was invented in 1780 and the Germans are credited for its creation. They were ( And still are) used to cut wood with a astonishing speed that helps build houses and other wooden things much faster. It is a way to cut wood very accurately as well. By simply running a piece of wood over a bladed you now have multiple pieces. INCREDIBLE!!!!! We don't only use circular saws for houses. If we didn't have them, we also wouldn't have Chicken coops, fences and logs for fire and paper. It's blade is extremely sharp and can easily cut you. That is why these days, they have a rail that protects your hands from the blade. So next time you think, " Making a house isn't that hard" think about how hard it would be without a circular saw. And also how hard it is to make a house out of gingerbread much less a full size house made of wood.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/ceratizit/product-24084-1366309.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_saw
hdsupplysolutions.com

24 comments:

  1. Dear Milo,
    I liked the way you added character to your writing with analogies and all caps. A question I have is this: If the Germans invented the circular saw who invented the hand saw?
    Sincerely,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Milo,
    I liked the way you added character to your writing with analogies and all caps. A question I have is this: If the Germans invented the circular saw who invented the hand saw?
    Sincerely,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milo,
    I think that your post gets people to think about how life would be different without these tools. It made me really appreciate the structures that we live and work in. Question: If the circular saws were replaced by something and were never invented, what do you think would replace them?

    Sincerely,
    Rylan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Milo,
    I liked the information about the circular saw. It's really interesting to see how something seemingly a little meaningless is of utmost importance. What did the early circular saws look like?
    Sincerely,
    Grant N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Milo,
    I really enjoyed this post, because it taught me a lot about saws and I can definitely connect to the part about woodshop, and using a hand saw. It's really tiring! One question I have is, if the circular saw is so much easier to use, why do you think hand saws are still really popular?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Milo,
    I like how you added a lot of character into this. And referenced things that put your topic into perspective. Like when you talked about the gingerbread and when you talked about making a house with a handsaw. Do you know when exactly the handsaw was made because it seems like it has a lot of advanced technology?
    Sincerely,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Milo,
    I really liked how you explained about the saw! It was very interesting. I was wondering if you use these saws at home?
    Super nice writing!
    -Tulip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milo,
    I enjoyed reading about the circular saw and how it is so much easier to use than a handsaw we use in wood shop. I also like how you put in the other objects the circular saw can be of help too. Where did you get the idea for writing about a saw and has the circular saw effected you?
    Great job!
    -Thea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milo,
    I enjoyed reading about the circular saw and how it is so much easier to use than a handsaw we use in wood shop. I also like how you put in the other objects the circular saw can be of help too. Where did you get the idea for writing about a saw and has the circular saw effected you?
    Great job!
    -Thea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Milo,
    I like how you added in the part about the gingerbread house which made it humorous. My question is how big are circular saws usually.
    Thanks, Braden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Milo,

    I like how you were able to make the post short but still hold a lot of information. My question is who exactly invented the saw?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Milo
    I loved the humor in your writing and the great analogies. My question is, was the first circular saw powered by a motor ?
    Great post !
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys,
    Thank you all for the amazing questions. The original circular saw looks similar to the ones now except, it looks well... old. It also didn't have gaurds so it was much easier to hurt yourself. There is actually a lot of debate about who invented the circular saw so I can't answer that. Some circular saws are either about as big as a breadbox and you hold them or they are mounted onto a machine that just has a blade coming up and you run the wood over that. Thanks again guys!
    Milo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Milo,
    Nice blog post! I really like how you bring up facts about the circular saw and how much it can help us. One question I have is how many times have you used the circular saw before? Great post!
    -Rachel Y.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Milo!
    I liked how you put into perspective something that we don't think about very often, and showed us how important is really was. What other tool do you think is really important?
    - Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Milo,
    I liked how you talked about the circular saw and how it all affects all of us in the long run even if we don't normally think about how it affects us. I also liked how you used examples. Who invented the circle saw? When was it invented?
    ~Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Milo,
    I really liked how you showed how and for what it is used for these days and how without it it would have been really hard building all that we have today!
    My Question is: At the time it was invented what was the inventor thinking?
    Why did he see the need for it at the time?
    Thanks!
    -Alec

    ReplyDelete
  19. Milo,
    I really liked hearing about how the circular saw revolutionized architecture, it must have been really hard before they were invented. You visual was great, as well.
    Great post!
    Anushka:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Milo,
    I never really realized how important a circular saw really is to build a house! My question to you is where was the circular saw invented?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Milo,
    Your blog definitely made me think about all of the work it takes to build a house, and how a single tool can have such a major impact on our lives. Have you ever used a circular saw before?
    Great Post!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Milo,

    I was amazed out how important this tool was while building. It's weird that this one tool can have such a big impact on our lives. Without it, we all might have very different houses. I didn't know much about this tool before, and I kind of overlooked it. Who invented the circular saw, and was it created mainly for building houses?

    From,
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Milo,
    It was really cool to hear about how important this tool was while building, and how one tool can make such a difference. Who invented the circular saw? When was it invented? Nice Work
    - Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Milo,

    I never knew there was so much information to the circular saw! It's really interesting to see how something seemingly meaningless is of utmost importance. What did the early circular saws look like?

    Best,

    -Flexi

    ReplyDelete