Civil War
The Pain and the pressure
The gunshots the wounds
All because of the field
The people that were killed
the innocent lives taken from us
family friends taken
children women taken
Holes duggan names inscribed
tears, scream
I feel sorrow in my heart
songs written down about those who have lost
everyone has lost but i because it have nothing
Music and crying sing a sorrow tune
The mountain rises high above our head
The rain falls beneath our feet
Our wet shirts can be ringed out
My shoes sloshing with every step
The American flag rides upon our back
we are proud Americans
Fighting for our rights.
Elsky,
ReplyDeleteYour post really tells what people were like during the Civil War instead of listing off facts about it. It really puts into perspective of what these people experienced at the time of the events.
Sincerely,
Rylan
My question is: How do you think that the perspectives between the northern and southern states and peoples would have compared or contrasted with each other?
DeleteHi Elsky,
ReplyDeleteI love the feeling that comes from the story and how it still shows tones of history. Is this a poem?
Hi Elsky,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading this poem, because it starts with despair, and then turns into hope at the end. My one question is, was this linked to a specific battle or moment, or just a fictional story?
Sincerely,
Grant U.
Hi Elsky,
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading this poem, because it starts with despair, and then turns into hope at the end. My one question is, was this linked to a specific battle or moment, or just a fictional story?
Sincerely,
Grant U.
Dear Elsky,
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice idea to write a poem for your blog post, it is an innovative way to express one's ideas and it really works with such a morbid topic. My question for you is this, which side is the main character in the poem on?
Top job,
William
Dear Elsky (Emma L),
ReplyDeleteI really liked your post! I thought it was so creative that you decided to write your post as a poem instead of in paragraphs. The poem fit really well with the subject you chose, and made it that much more emotional. My question to you is, Why didn't you lose anything? Did your family die from something else? Once again, great post!
Sincerely,
Francesca
Hey Emma,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your poem! You conveyed strong emotions of pain and sorrow, but then you beautifully transitioned to a feeling of hope and a patriotic message. Do you have any family members that fought in the Civil War? If so, what side were they on?
Well done!
Thea T
Dear Emma,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post and how you wrote a poem for your assignment! It was really powerful and was very descriptive. I could imagine everything that happened. I enjoyed reading it!
I was wondering from what perspective did you write it from?
Keep up the great writing,
Sanne
Dear Elsky,
ReplyDeleteI love how you took a different route! Instead of making an essay type format, you made a poem! I think you did a really great job of capturing how the people felt during the war. My question is, how old is the narrator? (are they a child/parent/grandparent)
Dear Emma,
ReplyDeleteI like this poem a lot! It's really touching and deep, and It's cool how it's so informative and talks about the civil war all in a poem(: My one question would be did you use any sources while creating this poem? Great work!
Sincerely,
Rachel Y.
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteyou are a really talented poet. When I read your poem it showed a lot of emotion as well as being extremely informative. What perspective where you writing from?
sincerely, selina
Emma
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your post. It was dark yet interesting. Violent and said but fun to read. Why did you choose to do a poem instead of paragraphs.
Milo
Hi Emma,
ReplyDeleteYou are a really great poet, and I hope you know it! Haha sorry. All humor aside, this was a dark and mysterious poem that had an interesting twist to it.
Great post,
Anushka
Emma,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your poem! It was not only dark, but very emotionally connecting. I like how you took a different perspective and used a poem about the civil war instead of just stating facts. Did the person the poems perspective is from fight in the war or were they just a bystander?
Kyra
ReplyDeleteHi, Emma
I thought idea of doing a poem was really creative. Why did you chose this instead of a Essay?
Good job, Bram
Dear Emmy,
ReplyDeleteDoing a poem was such a good idea! It was super creative and deep, but also informative. I was impressed that you were able to add information about the Civil War, but still have lots of emotion in your writing. What inspired you to write a poem about the Civil War?
Hey Emma Lindner!!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked reading your blog post especially since it was in the form of a poem. It was impressive that you could get lots of information in a poem and include all of the emotion. Why did you choose to do a poem? Well done
- Izzy
Dear... almost everyone,
ReplyDeleteI did a poem because I love to write peoms and I also think it's a great way to express your feelings.
Elsky,
ReplyDeleteWow, what a beautiful, inspiring poem! I love how it starts with despair, and then fades into hope. I find it impressive you could write a brief poem, yet still convey a lot of information! What made you want to write your post in a poetic format?
Best,
-Flexi