Baroque music
Ever wonder how music has changed over the years and how its effected our society. Baroque music is a style of music composed from approximately 1600 to 1750. This era followed the Renaissance, and was followed in turn by the Classical era. The word "baroque" comes from the Portuguese word barroco, meaning deformed pearl. In the Baroque Era the most famous composers were Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach, Handel. Their music is still quite famous. Their pieces were mostly classical. Music evolved and in the American Revolution the National Anthem was invented and composed by a man named Francis Scott Key in 1814.Music has always been a passion of mine, I've been playing the violin since I was 5 and I took up piano during for a little bit then quit, and recently I started the viola. But what I love the most is music (what plays on the radio). I still remember my first favorite song, Taylor Swift you belong with me. Music would surround me in the car 107.5, 100.3, 95.5, and hits 1 and at home, my sister used to play the piano and would play it a lot and I would practice my violin a lot. My favorite songs used to be the most popular songs now its songs that I find while searching my favorite artists (The Weekend, J. Cole, Chris Brown, Kalin & Myles and Jeremih).
Music has brought people together for centuries and hopefully centuries more.
http://www.essential-humanities.net/western-art/music/baroque/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_music
http://historyomtssg.blogspot.com/2011/01/1600-1610-opera-opens.html
http://realbraveaudio.com/rentals/
Dear Calvin,
ReplyDeleteYour article is a very nice mix of persona and historical, I love the fact that you list the best musicians of the Barque period then you list your own favorite artists from today. My question for you is, why was a period of music be named after a deformed pearl?
Nice job,
William
Hi Linnea,
ReplyDeleteYour post was very great at explaining the changes from Baroque to classical.
Out of the two, which one do you think had more influence on the world?
Great work!
-Tulip
Dear Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post because you showed the huge connection of baroque music to your modern life, and you also connected this style of music to a piece of American history, the National Anthem. One question I have is, what are some differences and similarities of Baroque in the 16-1700s to music you hear on radio stations today?
Sincerely,
Grant U.
Dear Calvin,
ReplyDeleteI like how each paragraph is comparing barque music to modern music and personal favorites. I like how you talked about the american anthem. My question for you is what were some other artists from the modern day and what are the differences in the music?
Dear Calvin,
ReplyDeleteI like how each paragraph is comparing barque music to modern music and personal favorites. I like how you talked about the american anthem. My question for you is what were some other artists from the modern day and what are the differences in the music?
Hey Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog post!
That is really cool that you have played three different instruments in your life and that you love music so much. Also you explained Baroque music really well and I understood it a lot better.
Do you think music has influenced your life? And if so, how?
Great job!
-Thea
Linnea,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job showing comparisons between baroque music and modern music! I think it is really cool how you have played three different instruments.
What do you think are the biggest similarities and differences between modern and baroque music? What are the differences in how they have influenced the world?
Great job!
Mara
Linnea,
ReplyDeleteThis blog post did a really great job of comparing the modern day music to baroque music. The differences are really great and similar at the same time. My one question would be what out of the three instruments you've played has been your favorite song? Great work!
Sincerely,
Rachel Y.
Hi Linnea!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post. You were able to compare modern day music to Baroque music very well! Do you think that Baroque music directly influenced the music you play today?
- Mikayla
Hi Mikayla, Rachel, Mara, Thea, Kristin, Grant, Tulip, and William,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your compliments about my blog post. My answers to your questions are:
William- The word "baroque" has resonance and application that continue beyond a simple reduction to either style or period.
Tulip- I personally think Baroque Music had more of an impact because it was an entire revolution.
Grant- The violin and piano and other classical instruments are still used in pop culture today and as a violin player I really like that its so timeless.
Kristin- Today has more electronics to make the music individual and also most songs today have lyrics and Baroque music commonly didn't have any lyrics.
Thea- Music has changed my life because I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. Music makes me a better listener and it also helps your brain grow because of the different parts it uses while playing the violin/viola.
Mara- I think that Modern music has more upbeat and faster songs also the language has progressed by using bad words almost regularly in songs and that language has been introduced to younger audiences and is having them use this language.
Rachel- I love the viola, I just picked it up but I haven't done much with it yet. I play in an orchestra and I just play the viola in the orchestra. I think the song I'm working on now on the violin is my favorite, it's a piece from Vivaldi. I've been working on it for about 4 weeks and I've almost finished the piece. I'm trying to get through it quickly because I have a recital coming up and I need it done by then.
Mikayla- I definitely think it influenced the music I play on my violin and viola because classical music is mostly what I play. I had a phase where I played fiddle music but otherwise it's always been classical for me.
Thank you for all these wonderful questions. I hope my answers helped your questions. Thanks again!
-Linnea
Hi Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI loved your post and it was fun to read about your connections to baroque music. It's so cool how much you can relate to it!
Great post,
Anushka:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you had interesting information and nice pictures. My question to you is did you and your sister ever play songs together?
-Emma
Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI love how you incorporated you passion of music into the piece, but it was still informative. How has baroque music affected you today?
Kyra
Dear Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI like how you were able to write about a topic that was important to you. It is clear that music is a big part of your life. You also included a lot of great facts into your piece. I liked how you were able to tie modern music which most people listen to into your piece. How do you think modern day music would be different without baroque's influence on music?
From,
Riley
Hey Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI think that it was really cool how you wrote about something that is so interesting to you. I also enjoyed reading all of the facts in your blog post. How has music back then affected you? Nice Work
- Isabel
Hi Linnea,
ReplyDeleteI like that you wrote about something you a passionate about. I like that you added a lot of facts about baroque music but also talked about the music you like and have played. Do you still play the violin?
Great Post!
Essie
Linnea,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job explaining how music related to your day to day life, and incorporation ordinary facts. Great job! My one question is, what got you started on the violin?
Annika,
ReplyDeleteWow, I could totally relate. I to am a musician, and this post really brought back memories.
I love how you not only told about the baroque period, but transitioned to some the radio music that we hear everyday!
Of the three instruments you have played, which one is your favorite?
Remember to keep playing on!
-Lion
Annika,
ReplyDeleteI love how you creatively expressed how music related to your everyday life while incorporating solid facts about music. Beautiful job! You mentioned you play three instruments, which one is your favorite?
Follow your passion,
-Flexi