Wednesday, February 3, 2016

History Of The Game I Love

History of The Game I Love
by Jake Nemecek


                   When I make a shot, I’m thinking about how great it feels, how far I took the shot from, and whom I could’ve passed to instead of taking a shot. Basketball has changed a lot since the 20th century. For example, the clothing! The apparel that was used in basketball during the 20th century was very short shorts and low-top shoes.
 Getting past your defender is a big part of basketball. It allows you to create an opportunity for a fast break, it makes it so that there is one less defender on there team for a few seconds, and it allows you to make a good pass to somebody that has a good chance for a shot. Getting an assist is a big part of my playstyle. When I get an assist, I go up to my teamate and give them a high five for making their shot. It feels good to help out a teamate and give them a point. Especially when the person who you assisted gets their first points because of you. Basketball is one of the best team games that I have ever played. I think this because you have to run a play to successfully make an opportunity for a basket or stop the team from getting a point.

18 comments:

  1. Hello Jake,
    I found the personal side of your post real.y interesting. I can relate because when I play hockey I am a pass first player. My question is, how else haw basketball changed? It seems crazy to me that the only thing that has changed is the shorts and the shoes.
    Great post,
    Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,
    I really enjoyed how you talked about the way you feel when you get an assist and the personal touch to your piece was very nice. My question is, have the rules of basketball changed at all? Or was it just the clothing mostly?
    Nice post,
    Anushka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jake,
    I love the way you directed basketball to your life, not just naming numbers, and dates. So I have one question, how has basketball changed your life, academically, or otherwise?
    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jake,
    I liked how you didn't only talk about the physical but also the mental side of basketball and what races through your mind. Has the way basketball is played changed, since earlier on?
    Sincerely,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jake,
    I really liked your post! Nice work. It was very interesting that you said how great it feels to give an assist. It is great that you feel like you can be a great player without scoring all of the baskets.
    Great writing!
    -Tulip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jake,
    I to enjoy basketball and as a not so good player, can learn a lot from this post. In what other ways has basketball changed? How are the rules different? And Who invented basketball?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jake,
    I liked how you wrote about basketball something you like to play. I also liked how you talked about what ow you like to assist in shots and you don't have to make the basket. Why did you choose to play basketball? When did you start playing?
    -Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jake,
    When reading this article one can tell that you have very strong feelings about the sport of basketball. I like the use of expressive language and the way that you mix information with personal preference. My one question is, where was basketball invented?
    Sincerely,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jake,
    I really like how you made comparisons to basketball then and basketball now and how you showed that even though it was less than a century ago, things have really changed over the past couple decades. I was wondering if you think the importance that people put on basketball and sports in general has increased/decreased since the 20th century?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jake,
    I really enjoyed reading about these basketball comparisons. I have played basketball a few times, and to think how much the uniforms have changed over the past years is really interesting. My one question would be which uniform would you like better, the older version or the newer version? Great job!
    Sincerely,
    Rachel Y.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jake!
    I liked reading your blog post. Your comparisons were clear. When did you start playing basketball?
    - Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jake,
    I have seen you play before and this is true. You do also make the plays you talked about. I liked your detail. How long have you been playing for?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jake,
    I liked reading your blog post and the way you added a personal touch. How long have you played basketball? Nice Job!
    - Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Jake,

    I really liked reading your post, it was very captivating. Even though I don't know much about basketball and don't normally play it other than in P.E., your post was still very easy to understand. Do you play any other sports besides basketball?

    From,
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Jake,
    I really liked how you used a lot of information, but your post was still fun to read. My question to you is who invented basketball?
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Emma,
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my blog post, and the person who invented basketball was James Naismith.

    Thanks!
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Jake,
    I really enjoyed your blog post and how you made have to do with you in a personal way. My question is do you think basketball was better bad in the old days or bball today?
    Well done!
    Cai

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jake,

    What interesting comparisons you have made! I have played basketball at my old school, so wrapping my head around the incredible changes uniforms undergone is mind boggling! Do you play any other sports?

    Ball is life,

    -Flexi

    ReplyDelete