Monday, February 29, 2016

Family Ties

My family is something that changes, bends and folds to fit with the changes of attitudes of my family members. I remember when me and my older sister were like the same person. We both liked playing outside and board games at our house at the beach. Running around and just having fun. My life was amazing then, and it still is amazing now. When I moved from third to fourth grade, my sister was deep in middle school and maybe she didn't wan't to be around me anymore. This is when we started to call each other annoying and intrusive and this is when we really started to gain some hostility about each other. We stayed in this relation for a while with the occasional agreement on what to do but we always fell out of line. We still have this attitude and I hope to change it sometime soon.

34 comments:

  1. Dear Rylan,
    I loved depth of emotion that you imparted to this work. It really speaks to the sad state of sibling relationships. I do have a question though, there seems to be such a big change in your relationship from third to fourth grade, why is that?
    Best of luck,
    William

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. William,
      I think that the relation between me and my family changed because my sister tended to move on past me and go on to more teenaged interests which I disagreed with.

      Sincerely,
      Rylan

      Delete
  2. Dear Rylan,
    I loved depth of emotion that you imparted to this work. It really speaks to the sad state of sibling relationships. I do have a question though, there seems to be such a big change in your relationship from third to fourth grade, why is that?
    Best of luck,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rylan,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your thorough and heartwarming post. My question is: Have you noticed over the years that you slowly start to progress to the same relationship as you had before?
    Bowen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bowen,
      Their are high points and low points within the relation between me and my sister. In the picture in the post above, that was one of the good moments when we were in Versailles in France.

      Thanks for the comment
      Rylan

      Delete
    2. Hi Rylan,
      I loved reading your post because it was very relatable. My brother and I used to be able to do about anything together but now we too, have started to grow apart which saddens me. But, my question is, Do you think she feels the same way and why do you think this happened?
      -Adam

      Delete
    3. Adam,
      I have no idea what she thinks about me. I think it might be a question depending on what peers say, but I don't know

      Thanks for the comment
      Rylan

      Delete
  5. Hi Rylan,
    I liked reading you post, because I too found it relatable. When my brother was in middle school and the middle of high school, I couldn't relate to him at all. Luckily, I have good news. It gets better. My brother is now a senior, and I am closer to him. Can you see you and your sister becoming closer again?
    Thanks,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rylan,
    I loved how relatable this post was to me and my sister! :) I also think that getting closer with her was easier for me because we both play some of the same sports. I wonder if you could think about how your family might relate to other's and guess about some connections to get the reader a little more involved?
    Thanks,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rylan,
    I loved this heartfelt post. I could really connect to it because me and my own sibling are a bit shaky at times. Although we are very alike we argue quite a bit. My one question would be how did you feel about not socializing with your sister as much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baron Geddon, Muk 17,
      I thought it was fairly foreign at first and I was a little confused. I later adjusted to how it changed to be and I think we have settled into a pattern that is fairly good.

      Thanks for the comment!
      Rylan

      Delete
  8. Hi Rylan!
    I really liked reading your post. It was very relatable, I have a younger sibling. How do you think your relationship might be different if you were the older sibling?
    - Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikayla,
      You ask an interesting question and I am not quite sure how to answer it. Maybe the roles between me and my sister would have swapped if I was the older sibling.

      Thanks for the comment!
      Rylan

      Delete
  9. Hi Rylan
    I really liked your post and picture and I could understand it more because I have a younger brother and sister. How do you think you could strengthen your relationship with your sister?
    Thanks,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jade,
      I am not really sure right now. I have done the occasional joke, but I might be able to think offside ways.

      Thanks for the comment.
      Rylan

      Delete
  10. Dear Rylan,

    I'm very sorry to hear that you and your sister are in a time of argument. I argue a lot with my brother and sister but we have always just brushed it off after a few hours. Do you think she will try to make it up to you or will you have to do the making up?

    Keep on blogging!
    Noah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rylan, I really enjoyed this blog post as I feel like I can Relate to it easily and comfortably. I went through the same kind of disconnect with my sister around the same time as you. When you stopped talking with your sister, who did you talk to, to help you cope with your problems with your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rylan,
    I love how personal you made this blog post and how you really analyzed the progression of your relationship. What do you think will help you reconnect with your sister?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Rylan
    I really loved how easily I could relate to this post because I also have an older sister. This post was very touching and left me wondering this: do you think you'll ever regain the relationship that you had with your sister when you were young ?
    Great Post !
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Rylan
    I really loved how easily I could relate to this post because I also have an older sister. This post was very touching and left me wondering this: do you think you'll ever regain the relationship that you had with your sister when you were young ?
    Great Post !
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Rylan,
    I really liked how concise and clear your blog post is. Your family sounds really cool, and I like how there are still things you want to change about it. If so, what is the thing you most want to change? Great work!
    Sincerely,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rylan,
    I loved the personal touch to your writing, your sister sounds really nice. Do you think that there is still a possibility of getting back the relationship you had with your sister when you were younger?
    Great post,
    Anushka

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rylan,
    I can completely relate to this feeling of drifting away from your sibling. Kind of like my brother and I! My question is, How are things between you two now?
    Good writing,
    Ayla

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Rylan,
    I really enjoyed your short but very sweet piece! My question to you is how is your relationship with your parents?
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Rylan,

    I really enjoyed reading your piece! It was very concise but well written and touching. How old is your sister? Do you think that your relation ship with her has gotten a little bit better?

    From,
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rylan,
    I liked reading your blog and how you wrote about something so personal. How do you think you can strengthen your relationship with your sister and how old is she? Well done
    - Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rylan,
    I really liked your post. I can really relate, that happened to me with my younger brother (When he turned eight, don't ask how I know this.) I liked how you wrote about something personal, and something that a lot of people can relate to.
    Nice job,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Rylan,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your thorough and heartwarming post. My question is: Have you noticed over the years that you slowly start to progress to the same relationship as you had before?
    -Ubedei

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Rylan,

    First of all, that is an ADORABLE picture of you! I'm very sorry to hear that you and your sister were in a time of argument, but I'm sure you have worked it out by now! My siblings and I always argue, but seem to forget about our disputes literally hours after we fight. Do you think any of the fights you get into with your siblings will actually stick?

    Best,

    Flexi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Rylan!

    I love your perspective on family - the fact that the family changes as the people inside the family grow and change as people. I'm so sorry to hear that you and your sister were fighting - are you still fighting, or are your problems mostly resolved? Also, where are you in that picture? Thanks for the perspective!

    - Fri

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Rylan!
    This a very bold and emotional post you brought here. I am so sorry to here that you are your sister didn't go along. Me and my brother get in arguments but fortunately, it resolve quickly! Do you every feel you need revenge when you have these arguments?

    -Lion

    ReplyDelete