Monday, February 1, 2016

Clowns to the Left of Me Jokers to the Right, Here I am Stuck In This Middle School With You



Image result for scienceWhen looking at the average life of a teen or...almost teen in my case, one must consider what they do most of the week. SCHOOL! School is one of the most important parts of the average weekday. After all we spend six hours a day five days a week and that's where we learn everything. Today I would like to take a look at the average day of a middle schooler keeping in mind that not all of these opinions are fact, anyone can think differently. I guess we start at the beginning of the day (A day to be all neat with things going into the first 2 periods of B day) I start with science. I as an aspiring scientist love science, especially with the Hyla woods field trip that just happened, it's all been so fun!


Image result for frenchNext up we have French or language class. I do love french, I have always loved french. I think it is an awesome language I have always loved speaking french and so I love the classic french. My favorite part of french is at the end of each unit when we do the end of the unit project. I always think those are very cool and creative things to do.

Image result for culturesAfter French and Science comes cultures. This project of a class is just that...project after project after project. At least we had a little leeway into FAME.  But I enjoy all the projects, I enjoy doing all those activities at your own speed, it's a neat way to teach. At the same time it can be a little tiring. As much as I enjoy working on the projects, it can get to be a lot but it is about equal on both fronts.

Image result for PE
Then we have PE. PE is fun, not as fun as lower school PE which was all fun and games but it is still fun nonetheless it is still fun. With the new fitness unit coming though it will be cool to use all of the equipment. That's really all for PE for me. (Hey that rhymes)

Image result for dramaNow onto Arts. I happen to be taking studio and we are doing portraits in it. Now I can easily say that the black and white drawing was so much easier than the color drawing, but maybe it's just me on that. I have so far done woodshop and drama for arts but off all of them drama was my favorite. There is just something about drama that clicks with me. I LOVE IT! I enjoy acting and everything like that. I LOVE IT.

Image result for englishNow to English. English is interesting on one hand you have a lot of repetitiveness (membrane) and on the other hand you have cool projects (Inde reading). It's kind of a cross between good and bad which is...good it's healthy to have a comb of both.

Now finally math. Math is not my best subject. I used to be good at math and then it got hard or something like that. It just used to come so so easy and then when I hit pre-algebra and algebra it got so hard. I have been doing better though and I'm finding my love for math again.



So that is it, that's my life from 1st period to 7th period (not including life, and break, and lunch, etc...) it's some inside coverage and whatnot I thought it was a good idea for a topic and I hope you did too.

Sources:


Science Pic:
https://www.google.com/search?
q=science&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjs-TxkdjKAhVCy2MKHXDvC58Q_AUIBygC


French Pic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=french&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_8OWZltjKAhUC0WMKHYVMA4EQ_AUICCgC&biw=1280&bih=619#


Cultures Pic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cultures&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-ozhmNjKAhVS62MKHd6PDrQQ_AUIBigB


PE Pic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pe&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo5-iXntjKAhVL2mMKHXc3CG0Q_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=619


Drama Pic:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pe&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo5-iXntjKAhVL2mMKHXc3CG0Q_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=619#tbm=isch&q=drama


English Pic:https://www.google.com/search?q=english&biw=1280&bih=619&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix9c3AoNjKAhULzGMKHUuoCA8Q_AUIBigB


Math Pic:
https://www.google.com/searchq=math&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj77__eo9jKAhUD62MKHe_WBf0Q_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=619#imgrc=Afk9wRwKzYbstM%3A


15 comments:

  1. Dear Connor,
    I love how took all your classes and put it into a one page essay. I like how you used a lot of writing tools. Though why did you pick this subject? Plus what is your opinion on school? Does it start to early? Is it to long? etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connor,
    I loved reading your blog post. It had a mature theme, but was also fun to read. Why do you want to be a scientist. Personally, I think you should be a write, because this piece was excellent.
    Thanks,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Connor,
    I enjoyed hearing about your everyday thoughts of school. You have many subjects about the seven periods that are very easy to relate too. If you could choose, is their any other class you would add to the seven periods? Great work!(:
    Sincerely,
    Rachel Y.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rachel,
      Thank you for your insight! If I could choose another class it would probably be D.E.A.R (Drop everything and read) I love time to just sit down and relax.

      Delete
  4. Dear Connor,
    I thought this was a really cool blog post. I really liked how you set it up and went through all your classes in the day. I was wondering if you liked school? Is there anything you would want to change about you classes?
    -Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connor,
    This was a really great thing to read, it was very engaging and enthusiastic. What type of scientist would you like to be?
    Great job!
    Téa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Connor,
    Your post is a quite interesting look and explanation of a typical middle schoolers day. My question is, what is your favorite class?
    Sincerely,
    William

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connor,
    I thought that it was a very good idea for a blog topic. I would agree with you on almost everything. Especially the English part. Out of all the topics, why did you choose this one and why do you want to become a scientist?
    Milo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connor!
    I enjoyed reading your post because you made it very relatable to others in school. Why do you want to be a scientist? What kind of scientist would you like to be?
    - Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connor,
    Great job on your blogpost! I like how you start out with how school is what we spend most of the time doing and then you go straight into one of your average days at school. Is their any classes that you would want to change? Why?
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Conner,

    This was a really unique and interesting topic, and I enjoyed reading about the typical day from your point of view. This was a really well written post. What is your favorite subject and why?

    From,
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connor,
    This was a very interesting topic, and I enjoyed reading about it. Do you have a favorite subject? Nice Work
    - Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connor,
    Great post! You had a nice title and your writing voice taking us through you schedule was really fun. What's your favorite subject?
    Good work,
    Anushka:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Connor,
    I really liked how you went through each of your classes and described what you liked about them! I also liked how you added humor to your post! My question to you is what is your least favorite subject?
    -Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Connor,

    Your post is a quite interesting look and explanation of a typical middle schoolers day. It is both enthusiastic and engaging! What is your favorite class?

    Best,

    -Flexi

    ReplyDelete