Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Why I Love Sports




Why I Love Sports

As I try to think back to a period in my life when I did not play sports, It seems as if I can not recall. Ever since I can remember, I have always desired to play sports whenever I had the chance. Whether it was soccer, or hockey, I always felt the need to run, and jump, and use up all the energy I have. Sports are what make me want to beat my goals and persist through the hard parts in my life.
One way sports change my life is by helping me to do better in school. The way sports do this is by letting me use up all my energy so that I can be more focused during the more academic parts of my life. According to Rochester University “Exercise increases blood flow to the brain and helps the body build more connections between nerves, leading to increased concentration, enhanced memory, stimulated creativity, and better-developed problem solving skills.” This is saying that playing sports and exercising makes you smarter.

Another way sports have help me is by reducing my levels of stress and anxiety. Whenever I procrastinate over school related things, I just decide to go play soccer, or for a run, or maybe throw the lacrosse ball around. Then I come back to the project I was just doing and it all seems to be much easier.
Another reason why sports and exercise is so important is that it actually doesn’t make you always more tired. In fact, exercise pumps more oxygen through your blood, which gives you more energy to go through your usual stressful day.
All in all, sports are what make me function everyday, and without them, I don’t know what I would do.

16 comments:

  1. dear stwaberrysky1,
    I really enjoyed how you pulled in facts and reasoning to show how sports help you in other aspects of your life such as school and homework. I also liked how you described what types of sports you enjoy. Where did your love of sports come from?

    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear teeny tiny fury,
    I got my love of sports from my mom because she played tons of sports in her life. Most recently, my mom got me interested in lacrosse. She played for OES, and was the star forward when they won state.

    -stwaberryskysky1

    ReplyDelete
  3. stwaberrysky1
    I like how you had a quote from Rochester University and put facts in your writing. I also do some sports and I wish I had done more when I was younger. Are there any sports you want to try or haven't gotten the chance to do?

    MM_Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear MM_Z,
    I would really love to try hockey. It looks very interesting and intense, and I have always loved to skate.

    Sincerely,
    stwaberrysky1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hockey seems scary. When i would go practice at the rink I would see the hockey players bump into each other and fall al the time and was absolutely terrified of them đŸ˜‚

      MM_Z

      Delete
  6. Dear stwaberysky1,

    I really liked how you included research to back up your thinking in your post. Is there any sports out there that are not good for blood flow or your brain?

    Sincerely,
    Bozzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear stwaberysky1,
    You clearly really love sports and I do too. Is there a sport you would like to do when you grow up. What would you do to get to that point in life?
    -Soccer is Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bozzy,
    Not in particular, but I think hanging upside down would be bad for your brain

    Sincerely, swtaberrysky1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear stwaberysky1,
    I thought this was really cool because it's something most people can relate to. I was wondering what part of running around and playing sports make you relive stress?
    From Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear stwaberysky1,
    I liked the part where you talked about how exercise helps you do better in school. If you had to choose a favorite sport,what would it be?
    Good Job,
    Hamilton9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear stwaberysky1
    This blog was really great. I liked how you said that sports help you do better in school and helps relieve stress. What is your favorite sport.

    SIncerely, Walrus8Bacon AKA SWEDISH MONGOOSE

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi stwaberysky1,
    I really like your topic of how sports change other aspects of your life. I also think it was really neat how you brought in a quote that backed up your point. I find that exercise in sports does help me focus as well. What is you favorite sport? Why?
    crunchy lettuce

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Hamilton9,
    If I had to choose a favorite sport it would either be skiing running or lacrosse. I love these 3 sports because they are fast paced and I love lacrosse because it is very intense and physical. What is your favorite sport?

    Sincerely,
    stwaberrysky1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Walrus8Bacon,
    As I said, my favorite sport is either running, skiing, or lacrosse.

    Sincerely,
    stwaberrysky1 (AKA SCANDINAVIAN SCANDAL)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi stwaberrysky1,
    I really enjoyed this post because it was fun to read about how sports affect your life and how they can benefit other things as well. I really enjoy running too. if you had to chose one favorite sport, what would it be and why?
    - bug

    ReplyDelete