Monday, February 18, 2019

Friends Inside and Outside of School


Being a student at the Catlin Gabel School, I of course have friends whom I sit with at lunch, giggle with in class, and enjoy spending time with in general. But what about before I came to Catlin? Was I really just a lonely friendless kid before I came to Catlin? Despite what you may think, I had friends before coming here. Whether I met them as a buffalo kid (a daycare reserved for family friends), the park, or practically in any way, they are still people who mean a great deal to me. These are the people I grew up with, the people who are truly responsible for the person I am today. And for all that I have so much affection towards them. And at Catlin, I have met some of the most important people in my life. They too mean so much to me I can't even put it into words. The thing is, although these two friend groups both mean the world to me, they also each mean something in a different, more unique way. The friends I have bonded with throughout my whole life have always been there and adapted to the world w
ith me. I've never had the chance to ignore them because I see them at least once a week for family friend get togethers. My friends at Catlin, I probably have a
stronger bond with because every day I get the pleasure of seeing them and interacting with them. Sure, we probably get in more argument
s, but once again I see them every day and have no choice but to make up for it. Both of my friend groups know me for a different part of my personality, whether it be good or bad. For example, with my friends outside of Catlin, I could act more open and social because of the many years I have spend with them. With my friends from school, I could act the same way or a little bit more timid and shy because I haven't developed such a powerful bond yet. But no matter where I know them from, how I know them, or any of that, these are the people who mean the most to me in my life and I firkin love them for it. 




13 comments:

  1. hi amare,
    i love this post! I enjoyed the photos you added to the blog, I felt like it gave it a bit more personality and love for the post. My question is when you said "responsible for the person i am today" what have they done for you to effect your life today in 2019?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bananabunny,
      thank you so much! when i said "responsible for the person i am today", some of the ways they have changed me and effected my life is simply by making me a more confident person and helped me through some bumps in my life.

      smiles,
      dork fork

      Delete
  2. hi amare,
    I enjoyed reading this post a lot because it offered me a new point of view on the topic of having a friend group outside of school, and another inside. Your choice of photos made your post interesting and very visually pleasing. would you say you have a different sort of personality when being around these two different groups? do they bring out different parts of you? whats different?
    love,
    liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi liv,
    first of all, thank you so much for taking the time to write this, and second of all to answer your question... i would say that i definitely do have different personality's when around these different people. with my friends in school i do usually act more wild and carefree around them. with friends outside of school i might be a little more chill because i spend less time with them now.

    smiles,
    fork dork

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi frog ribbit,
    I love that you wrote about this. There is good and bad to having friends outside of school. How long have you known the friends outside of school? You did a really good job writing this!
    FoxelephantVioleta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi foxelephantvioleta,
      thank you so much, I appreciate this. I have known my friends outside of school for a very long time. one of them since I was only one week old, a couple more since I was 1+ years old.

      smiles,
      frog ribbit

      Delete
  5. Hi frog ribbit,
    I think this was a really good topic to write a blog post about and I can totally relate! As a relatively new kid to Catlin, I still have a lot of friends outside of school and I understand how relationships differ in and out of school. Do you ever wish friends from outside of school went to Catlin?
    -tinyelephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi tinyelephant,
      thank you so much! yes, I do sometimes wish my friends from outside of school went to Catlin, but I also believe that the bonds I have with them today wouldn't be quite the same if they went to Catlin.

      smiles,
      frog ribbit

      Delete
  6. hi frog ribbit,
    i agree, some of my best friends live across the country, and sometimes it's hard but i'm glad because the time i spend with them is even better. what do you think?
    -gracie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi gracie,
      i completely agree with that, i think that even though my friends outside of school and i may be more distant, it makes the moments we spend together even more special.
      - bug

      Delete
  7. frog ribbit,
    I agree with your previous reply. I was a new student last year and I missed my friends from my old school very much, but having a change in the people that you are around can be good for you. I found a lot of people that had common interests with me and we became really good friends.
    Why did you choose to come to Catlin?

    MM_Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi MM_Z,
      i'm very happy you feel that way about your friends at catlin and it's great that you still have that emotional connection with your friends from your old school. the first year i applied for catlin was in pre school, which would've been todays 8th grade class, but i did not get in that year so i applied the next year. i finally got into catlin that year and my parents had me join because my mom worked there.
      - bug

      Delete
  8. Hi bug,
    I really loved your blog post because of all the details you have in your post. I also really enjoyed reading it because you described a personal experience and shared your own opinion which I think was great. What's your favorite part of hanging out with your friends at Catlin?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete