Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Hobbies

Soccer Player Kicking White Gray Soccer Ball on Green Grass FieldHobbies - How They Affect Your Life
Floor Plan on TableHobbies, you might not have one, but I bet you have looked into a few. Whether it is sports, art, DIY, Technology, or gaming hobbies are the thing you are passionate about and do in your free time. If you are lucky, or if you have the right hobby, it could be your profession. One of my hobbies is Soccer, I have loved Soccer since the first time I played it in first grade. I have gone through many stages of learning in Soccer from at school recesses to rec and now club Soccer. All of these stages are beneficial in multiple ways, not just making me better at soccer or a better teammate. Lessons you can learn from things you are passionate about are the best lessons. This is because you learn the most when you are having fun with what you are doing. Many studies by top neurology websites such as Psychology Today have done research on the help of fun while learning. It bypasses a certain part of the brain called the amygdala which decides if the thing they are doing is effective. In a stress-free and fun environment students are able to learn a lot better. This same logic can also be applied to doing what you love. If you are doing your favorite thing in the world you are unlikely to be stressed and likely to have fun, therefore you learn better while doing your hobby. If people spent as much time on their hobbies as other more important things in their life they would likely get very good at it and learn a ton from what they are doing, for instance, if I loved DIY tech I would, in the process, learn a ton about all the tech that I am working with while still having a ton of fun. This has happened to me in my real life, I was looking into building a PC, and while I was doing research on parts I learned a ton about how PCs actually work and about electronics in general. The best part about that was that I still had a ton of fun doing it. Hobbies can also be beneficial to your life in other ways than just learning about your craft. They are a good way of dealing with stress, as mentioned earlier if you are doing something you love you are unlikely to be stressed out about it. Hobbies can also help your patience because you are usually spending a lot of time focusing on one project that you want to get done. Some hobbies such as team sports can help with teamwork (obviously) and communication, both of which are very useful skills that you can use in the rest of your life. In general, hobbies are a great thing that everyone should have, there are no drawbacks (besides cost) and they can equip you with very important skills for the rest of your life. 

11 comments:

  1. hi Falcon3212,
    I really enjoyed reading your post because it made me think about activities in my life as well and I found myself relating to your work. would you consider turning one of your hobbies into a future job? if so which one?
    thanks!
    liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Falcon3212,
    This post was really interesting and really made me stop and think about what I would call MY "hobbies." I think that you sound passionate about soccer, and that you should pursue that interest. Where do you plan to take you're hobbies, and do any of them fall into a possible career in the future?
    Awesome writing!
    -RisingSun13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Falcon3212!
    Reading your post made realize that anything can be my hobby, and I love reading things that make me feel good about my future. I just have one question for you, if you could go back in time, would you have tried building a PC in first grade instead of soccer?
    Thank you so much!
    -DogLover09

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DogLover09!
      If I would have been able to go back in time I would have stuck with soccer. I believe that it is more important to have a love for something that is good for you physically that way when you stick with it your whole life will become healthier.

      -F4lcon3212

      Delete
  4. Dear Falcon3212,
    I really like that after reading the post, the ends are open and you can aspire to be anything that you want. Especially the part about the soccer :). Do you think there are other beneficial moments in soccer besides just being a better teammate?

    Sincerely,
    Bozzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bozzy,

      I do think that there are other beneficial parts of soccer, such as long term health and leadership.

      Thank you for the comment!

      -F4lcon3212

      Delete
  5. Falcon3212,
    Reading this post made me remember so many thigns that i had done in the past, but let go. Did you know I used to ice skate? I miss being on the ice, though I wasn't THAT good, it was still fun.
    what things would you like to try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot to sign my name
      MM_Z

      Delete
  6. Dear Falcon3212,
    I really liked reading this post because I did not know that there was so much more to hobbies. I think that it's cool that you have played soccer for so long and stuck with it. What was your favorite part of soccer when you where just starting?

    -Goldenpiggy25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Goldenpiggy25,
      Thanks for the comment! My favorite part of soccer when I was little was playing with people that I was friends with and playing striker and scoring. I am now a defender so I miss scoring sometimes but I think that I have matured as both a player and a person.

      Thanks! Falcon3212

      Delete
  7. Dear Falcon3212,
    I thought it was great how you wrote your blog in a way to show how important hobbies are, and using evidence to back up your reasoning too! I thought your blog subject was really cool and interesting, and I love the way you wrote your blog so that we could hear some of your hobbies as well. I also think the font is really cool.
    Do you have any other hobbies that you really enjoy? and if so what?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete