They say you should never meet your heroes, but I don’t believe that.
Heroes are important, they can make you happy when your sad, they can
make you believe in something if you don’t, who doesn’t want that. My
heroes make me believe in things even if it doesn't quite affect me.
One of my heroes is Biggy. This one is a little bit weird because I
don’t believe in all the things he does, such as being a drug dealer
and a criminal. But he was told he could never do anything in life,
which made him want to prove them wrong. This is a quote from my
favorite song called Juicy by the Notorious B.I.G. (Biggy): “Yeah, this
album is dedicated
To all the teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothin'
To all the people that lived above the buildings that I was hustlin' in
front of
Called the police on me when I was just tryin' to make some money to
feed my daughter”.
Biggy grew up in a rough neighborhood and he tried his best to make
himself something, I definitely believe in that.
My second hero is LeBron James. He was drafted to the Cleveland
Cavaliers in 2003. He played for them until 2010 when he went to the
Miami Heat. The local basketball fans were very angry with this
decision. All over the internet people were burning LeBron jerseys and
writing mean things. In 2014 LeBron went back to Cleveland and promised
a championship to them. In 2016 LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers won
a championship. That is perseverance.
Heroes are important because they can inspire you and can also help you
relate to something, I feel I can relate to LeBron because sports are
what made him who he is today “Sports carried me away from being in a
gang, or being associated with drugs. Sports was my way out.”
I think everyone needs a hero or someone to look up to.
Dear Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI feel like the way you incorporated your heroes into this article was nicely spread. I have my own heroes as well and I understand why they are important to you. Do you hope to follow their footsteps to success? How would you do so?
Sincerely,
Soccer is Life
Dear Soccer Is Life,
DeleteThank you for your kind words. I would love to be a professional basketball player or rapper but I don't think I want to commit that much time to it. However, in the future I would like my job to have something to do with raping or playing basketball such as a manager or agent.
From Jesus
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI thought your blog was inspiring and well put together. I loved how you incorporated not just who your heroes were, but why they are heroes and what they have done. What would you say to your heroes if you had the chance to meet them?
Hi JDbills99,
DeleteIf I met either one of them I would probably ask them for advice. I would probably ask LeBron because he is more inspiring, also because Biggy is dead.
From Jesus
Hi Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI think that your blog was great! I think role models are very important for kids growing up all around the world. I like how you told us about there story's and why they were your role models and also how you included quotes and lyrics. If you could choose one of you role models paths to follow (the good stuff, not bad stuff) then who would it be?
Hi PinkPanther4567,
DeleteIf I could follow one of their paths I think I would follow LeBron's. The reason I would follow LeBron's is because I want to be a professional basketball player when I grow up. I don't think I want to be a rapper. The reason Biggy is my hero is because of his perseverance not his job, for LeBron it's both.
From Jesus
Hi Jesus,
DeleteI understand, I don't think I would be a rapper either. What is your favorite thing about LeBron and also what team would you play on?
- Pink Panther
Hi PinkPanther4567,
DeleteIf I was a pro basketball player I would probably play for the Spurs right now, but when I'm actually old enough to play the Spurs might not be my favorite team.
From Jesus
Hi Jesus,
DeleteTrue, I have never really thought of that! Who is your favorite player on the Spurs?
-PinkPanther
Hi PinkPanther4567,
DeleteMy favorite player on the Spurs is probably DeMar DeRozen or Rudy Gay.
From Jesus
Hi Jesus,
DeleteAs you can probably tell I know nothing about basketball. But why are they your favorite players?
-PinkPanther
Hey Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI like that you have a video in your post, that's pretty cool. I like that you had your reason behind everything and I like how you said that you can "relate" to them. If you could meet any of your heroes, which one would it be (only one)?
Sincerely,
Bozzy
Hi Bozzy,
DeleteIf I could meet one of my heroes I would meet LeBron because I would ask him for advice as a basketball player.
From Jesus
dear Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI thought is was really cool how you talk about role models and how there important, and I also liked how you included a link, that shows me that you worked really hard on this, great job
Dear tete,
DeleteThanks you. I was wondering if you had any questions?
From Jesus
Dear Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI read your blog and I really think its well written. I like how its straight to the point but I was wondering if you could meet biggy whats the one thing you would say to him?
Sincerely,
ZoinkedFaceStalin
Dear ZoinkedFaceStalin,
DeleteIf I could ask Biggy a question I would ask him what inspired him to work hard and follow his dreams.
From Jesus
Dear Jesus,
ReplyDeleteFirst, you ahve a very clever username. Anyways, I really like your blog post. It was short, but meaningful.
Have you ever been told that you couldn't do anything in life?
MM_Z
hi jesus,
ReplyDeletei enjoyed reading your blog post and i think what you said made a lot of sense to me. if biggy and/or LeBron james randomly showed up wherever you are right now, what would you say or do?
- bug
Hi Jesus,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog post and what you wrote was really interesting. I love how you included some of your own personal heroes into your blog, and that you had pictures in your blog as well. I thought your post was straight to the point, and short and sweet. I really like the way you described why heroes are important and what they could mean to someone. If you could be any of your heroes, which one would you be and why?
-Teeny Tiny Fury