The Life of a Young San Diegan
When you think San Diego, you think of a sunny paradise, with beaches and jeeps. Well, you are practically right, This is the story of a young girl growing up in San Diego.
When you live in a town that basically lives summer all year round there is lots of fun. There is always stuff to do, and new things to try. One Of the great things about California is that you can wear shorts year round. I personally believe it is easier to cool down than to warm up so shorts all around! Since San Diego is almost always warm when it rains everyone talks about it and plays in the rain. It’s a big deal, s you should probably treat it like one too. One of the best things about San Diego is the beaches and the bay. Almost every weekend I went to the beach. Make sure you go early or there will not be a spot for you and your family.
At the beach, there are various things to do, and the first thing to do is take a bike ride. Taking a bike ride around the boardwalk and Coronado is a great way to cool off. Coronado is an island connected to San Diego by a bridge, where you can take the ferry to get there.
Warning: When you are taking a bike ride, be sure to watch out for pedestrians!
The second thing to do at the beach is Surfing! Jumping into a wet suit and getting on a board is a great way to have fun with your friends. Surfing is fun, catching waves is awesome, and in San Diego, you will come to find that most San Diegans surf.
Another activity in the water is boogie boarding. This is an easier alternative to surfing, but still equally as fun! Since boogie boarding is more mellow, this is a great passing time activity, even for young children. After a nice swim in the water or a sunbath, it is nice to get some ice cream to cool down.
The boardwalk is full of snack shacks. And you can always find a nice lemonade stand somewhere in the mix. It’s always nice to have dinner on the beach when it gets cooler in the evening. If you choose to have your beach adventures in Coronado, watch out because there is always a wedding or three in process. Coronado is right next to a naval base, so every few minutes there are planes flying above you. Don’t worry, they aren't that loud.
Something to definitely do while in San Diego is going to Balboa Park. Balboa Park is right next to the San Diego zoo and I recommend going to both in one day. Balboa Park is an awesome place with lots of buildings with beautiful architecture that were made for an old festival. It is full of restaurants, museums and even has a greenhouse. Right next door is the amazing San Diego Zoo! This is one of the best zoos in the world. With almost every habitat. One thing I really remember was on the tram you can see the nets around the monkey habitat and everyone would throw their baseball caps so they would land on it and to this day there are a lot of baseball caps lined up on the net.

Something to definitely do while in San Diego is going to Balboa Park. Balboa Park is right next to the San Diego zoo and I recommend going to both in one day. Balboa Park is an awesome place with lots of buildings with beautiful architecture that were made for an old festival. It is full of restaurants, museums and even has a greenhouse. Right next door is the amazing San Diego Zoo! This is one of the best zoos in the world. With almost every habitat. One thing I really remember was on the tram you can see the nets around the monkey habitat and everyone would throw their baseball caps so they would land on it and to this day there are a lot of baseball caps lined up on the net.


Another amazing feature is the San Diego Bay! The bay is awesome because you can watch all the navy ships and planes move around and it is very interesting to watch. At the edge of the bay, they also have lots of old ships and submarines you can tour! Another great way to spend the day is on a boat! Sailing around the bay is very fun and beautiful. You can see the skyline and all the yachts parked on the bay. I used to always try to find my house while we were sailing, which was of course impossible beacuse of the looming skyline.
San Diego is an amazing city to live in, and I am very fortunate to have grown up in it!
I've never been to San Diego but your descriptions make me want to visit. Hopefully, you are enjoying something San Diego doesn't have...snow!
ReplyDeleteYes! Of Course. I Hope you are enjoying the snow too! And also that you visit San Diego soon.
ReplyDeleteI was a San Diegan for a long time - I truly recognize the city in your writing!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words! What was your favorite thing about San Diego?
DeletePink Panther,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, sorry I have to say but that I’ve cream look so good! The pictures are really beautiful and I see why you live it so much. I don’t believe I have been there but my dad does talk about his travels there.I love riding bikes, and of course ice cream. Would you move back? If not where would you live? I love where I live but I love traveling and it’s very relaxing being in the sun, swimming, walking outside with shorts and a t-shirt on.
-FoxelephantVioleta
Dear FoxelephantVioleta,
DeleteThanks so much! I would definetly move back, and I am hoping to do so later on in my life. What aspects of San Diego does your dad normally talk about?
Chao
Pink Panther
PinkPanther4567,
ReplyDeleteI really love your post, and your writing style is very unique, which makes you writing fun to read! When reading your post I feel like I am actually experiencing a day in San Diego, which is really cool. All of the activities you talked about in your post sound super fun, but if you had to choose one activity to be your favorite thing to do in San Diego, what would it be? Also, if you could bring one thing about San Diego back to where you live now, what would it be?
Sincerely,
Goat Girl
Dear Goatgirl,
DeleteYour kind words are very much appreciated! My favorite thing to do in San Diego is definetly hang out at the beach especially boogie board. But that was a very hard decision because I love all of the stuff about San Diego. If I could bring something to where I live now it would have to be the sun. I wish it was more sunny where I lived now. Have you ever been to San Diego?, and if not do you plan to go?
Yeehaw
PinkPanther
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehi pinkpanther4567
ReplyDeletei really liked your blog post, although i can't relate, it sounds very interesting, i love california so your blog post was extra special! :) are there any other places u want to visit?
-gracie :)
Hi Gracie,
ReplyDeleteI love it toooooooo :) Yes definetly, I would travel around Europe and more around the Us because I have not been everywhere. I think it would be cool to go to New Orleans. What about you?
Hey PinkPanther4567,
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you described San Diego so detailed. You brought out all of the awesome parts of the city. The parts that you enjoy the most. I thought that it was really cool that you brought your opinion into the piece instead of building the post up of facts layered over facts. I was wondering if you have been anywhere else in California? If so, where?
Cordially,
ABellPepper
Yeehaw ABellPepper,
DeleteThank you so so so much. Yes very many other places in California. I have been to LA, San Francisco, Monteray Bay Aquarium, Palm Springs, Big Bear, Indawild, Joshua Tree, Santa Barbra and many other small tensy tiny tiny towns on the side of the highway. What about you? Places in California?
-PinkPanther
Dear PinkPanther4567,
ReplyDeleteI love how many photos you added in to your blog post, especially your last one. In your opinion, what would your top 5 things to do in San Diego be?
Sincerely,
Bozzy
Hi Bozzy,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, I dont think the post would be the same without the photos. 5 things.... hmmm well first I think would be be the beach, 2nd taking the ferry and bike ride around Cornado, 3rd eating at Ponces(mexican resterant), 4th going to Balboa Park, and 5th Bird Park Concerts. Local concerts in a park near my house
Thanks
PinkPanther
Dear PinkPanhter4567,
ReplyDeleteI love California and boogie boarding! I have never been to San Diego but I've heard it's really cool. I was wondering what your favorite activity to do on the beach is? Boogie Boarding?
From Jesus
Dear Jesus,
DeleteHave you ever surfed? My favorite thing to do is had sandball fights with my sisters. Since it never snows in San Diego we would make snowballs out of sand and throw them at each other.
Thanks
PinkPanther
PinkPanther4567,
ReplyDeleteI really love the pictures. they are very colorful.
What did you like to do in San Diego?
MM_Z
Dear PinkPanther456,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog post because of how you descriptively described a lot of cool places in San Diego. I also really enjoyed your pictures because they were so colorful and both your writing and the images made me want to go to San Diego. I love how you included your own opinion of where you think the best places in San Diego are, and how I could hear your voice throughout the story and not Wikipedia's.
I love how you brought so much excitement and energy into your writing and it made me really enjoy reading it. I really thought your writing style is so unique and interesting and that made reading your post very enjoyable and fun. I know this isn't a very happy questions but "what was your least favorite part about San Diego?"
-Teeny Tiny Fury