Friday, February 15, 2019

The Great Puddles


Puddles is a rabbit that has been with me for about 3 years. He is kind, sweet, and full of love. I wanted to write on how I got him and what I did to do so, the pros and cons, and the experience in general. When I was in fourth grade there was a pet rabbit named Serious Ash Black. At the time I had always wanted a dog, but I had not been against the idea of a bunny. I knew from the experience of not getting a dog, that this mission of mine was not going to be easy. Mind you that my first pet was a fish and my parents did not let me get one, so for my birthday a fish (jerry) was given to me by my aunt. Then I am sure you know about the "viking ceremony". Back to the story, Serious the bunny was a ball of joy and was hopping around the classroom while fourth graders were off to work. My plan to get a bunny was to interview my teacher about what I should know about rabbits beforegetting one. She always had a rabbit in the classroom, she was in love with these furry friends. That interview was very helpful, I did that about three or four times that year. I may have seemed a bit odd but I was a very dedicated 9 year old. It did not stop there, I was cleaning the rabbit's cage every time it had to be cleaned to "practice" for when I have my own. Then by the time I was 10, after meaningful talks with my mom, lots of hard work, and many interviews later. I was allowed to start searching for my furry friend. I went on craigslist and searched for a month or two. When I got really excited I used to run downstairs and go on the family computer and go on my search. I stumbled upon this person with many cute baby bunnies for sale, but they wanted to meet at their home and for my mom that was a bit too risky, I understood and for myself I also did not want to be put in that position. We kept searching and found the glorious Jessica. She wanted to meet at a park and had two baby bunnies a father and a mom. Puddles' mom was a bit lazy, she had a little bunny hammock so the babies could not bother her. But the dad was the care taker. We meet Puddles, his brother, and their dad. A very cute family. The second I saw Puddles, I knew he was mine (he was also the only one in his family that was for sale, but that is not the point). I saw him, I learned a ton about bunnies when meeting him and I knew he was the one. Here is me meeting Puddles for the first time.
As great as this was, we had to wait for him to be a bit bigger. Around two weeks later I came home from school and I saw that little goof ball in the kitchen. He was very shy at first but a few weeks later he was moved up to my room and then we got very close. I can get very anxious sometimes as many people do, and Puddles was always a big help when it came to when I was worried. 
Me and Puddles are very close now and he is very special to me. I love having him around and he is a great companion. Now. Now he is three, and everyday he is more special, more loved, and a better companion then the day before.

It has always been more of a pleasure to have Puddles. Thank you for letting me share my story of Puddles.

18 comments:

  1. Dear Bananabunny,

    I loved how personal your story felt about finding your dream companion. I also love the adorable images of Puddles. I really like your story because it shows great perseverance towards getting Puddles. Why did you decide to name your bunny Puddles?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puddles was already his name, and I was searching for a different one, but after I met him I thought that the name really suited him for a bunny.

      Delete
  2. BananaBunny,
    This is so cute. Puddles is adorable and your post was very fun to read. To add on to what Teeny Tiny Fury said did you ever consider changing Puddles name? If so what did you want to name him? I love the pictures. I like the part about your only pet before being a fish.
    FoxelephantVioleta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi FoxelephantVioleta,
      i would not change his name, it suited him really well when i first met him. but i love that question!

      Delete
    2. Hi BananaBunny,
      I agree that Puddles is a very fitiing name for that bunny. Puddles is adorable and I loved reading about him. Would you ever want another bunny?
      -Slinkymuffin

      Delete
    3. hi SlinkyMuffin,
      thanks for the question. no i would not want another bunny, i always thought it might change how i feel about puddles and i would start comparing, but also it is enough work with one bunny,(i love it) but it is challenging on a busy schedule.

      Delete
  3. hi bananabunny,
    this is so adorable and i can see the strong connection you and puddles share, and all the effort you put in to achieving that bond. in one part of your blog post, you talked about how you knew puddles was the one. how did you know this instantly? i'm curious to hear what made you so certain.

    smiles,
    frog ribbit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi frog ribbit,
      i love this, i knew because when i first met him he snuggled under my big jacket when it was cold out and he kept trying to lick my face, it was cute and he made me feel like here was no way i could not get him.

      Delete
  4. hi bananabunny
    i used to have 2 bunnies of my own, so i can relate a lot to this post, but it is clear your connection to puddles. are bunnies your favorite animal?
    -gracie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi gracie,
      i wonder this a lot but I do not believe they are my favorite but definitely in my top few choses :)

      Delete
  5. hey bananabunny,
    I can tell how dedicated you are to your bunny and it must be one lucky bunny! When i wanted a dog, my parents suggested a bunny instead but then later caved and got me a dog instead. Do you wish you had more than one bunny?
    -tinyelephant

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tinyelepgant,
    so sweet thank you,
    i do not want another bunny, because i feel like it would interfere with how i might feel on puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi tinyelepgant,
    This was a nice story of how you and Puddle met. It was amazing to see how dedicated you were to getting a pet. I can relate. If you had the choice of getting another pet, what would you get?
    Nice work!
    Soccer is Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi soccer is life,
      i would get a dog because they hold a special place in my heart and i find them to be great companions. Thanks

      Delete
  8. Yo Bananabunny,
    I really like how you have a lot of photos in your blog post. It was cool that you had a photo of you meeting him for the very first time. Why did you choose to name him puddles?

    Sincerely,
    Bozzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi bozzy,
    i have always thought what would i name puddles if that was not is name but i do not really have one other name that i would choose, i love the name nugget, but maybe not for my own rabbit. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. bananabunny,
    right off the bat, your bunny is so frickin' adorable!!!!
    Anyways, your writing was really descriptive and really tells your story :)
    good job! Why didn't your parents let you get a dog?

    MM_Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi MM_Z,
    thank you for asking this question, i am excited to answer.
    my parents love dogs more then you can imagine, they used to have 2 when my brother was still a baby and they just made a mess, they were really huge dogs but had so much love. my family has me and my sister now, now my brother is 19, and living a ski racing family and made it harder for us to think how well would be take care of the dog. But hopefully my parents will consider it, even though i am beyond happy with puddles.

    ReplyDelete