Monday, February 25, 2019

The Effect of Soccer on My Life

To me, Soccer is a lot. When I'm in school, theres a lot of pressure from my mom, my teachers and everybody else to be perfect. When I step onto the field, I don't have any pressure from anybody but my teammates, which I embrace. When I first joined my team, I attended forest heights and my team was only me and like 6 other teammates. Since that day, I have stayed with the same coach, we have bounced around different teams, won tournaments and most importantly gained more teammates. Teammates are really important, they can make or break your team, they are also really fun to be friends with. Me and my teammates have attended different schools since first grade. Most of my teammates go to west sylvan while I go to Catlin Gabel. I have stayed in touch with them, during practices and games and on social media. I have gained so many friends from soccer and so many valuable experiences, including traveling from state to state with my team to compete in

tournaments. The experience of doing competitive soccer is very valuable. I got to work on my teamwork, my sports skills, the coaching is really good. The competitive experience is also very fun, tournaments are really fun and the more games, the more fun. Traveling with your team is also a really good experience, you get to talk to them for the entire car ride. Competitive soccer is more then just soccer, in the bend tournament, we had a pool party and you can hang with your teammates whenever you want. It's really fun to do competitive soccer and I would recommend it to anybody considering doing competitive soccer.

29 comments:

  1. What is the best part about playing soccer with teammates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jesus,
      My favorite part about playing soccer with my teammates is all the fun times we had during parties together. My favorite memory was 2 years ago at our bend tournament party, where my friend Lucas brought Sunny D and we sprayed each other with the water from the hot tubs with the Sunny D bottles.
      Sincerely,
      Theawesomeperson

      Delete
    2. Dear Theawesomeperson
      I thought it was cool how you are still really good friends with all your teammates even though you guys don't go to the same school. I was wondering what the best part about playing soccer with teammates is?
      From Jesus

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Theawesomeperson,
    I love playing soccer too! I really liked how you were able to incorporate the fact that teammates can make you or break you. I was wondering, what are you most proud of in your soccer career and what do you want to end up doing as a player?

    Sincerely,
    Bozzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear bozzy,
      I am most proud of when my team won a state cup, I want to end up being the starting goalkeeper for the Portland timbers.
      Sincerely,
      Theawesomeperson

      Delete
  5. Dear Theawesomeperson,
    This was a nice well written blog. I like playing soccer as well and I like making strong bonds with my teamsters. The article showed that you feel the same way. Your piece made me wonder why you chose soccer and what team you play for. This led to the question, when did you start playing soccer and what team do you play for now?
    Sincerely,
    Soccer is life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear soccer is life,
      I started playing organized soccer in preschool, I first kicked a soccer ball when I was around 4. Now I play for Lincoln youth soccer.
      Sincerely,
      Theawesomeperson

      Delete
  6. Bonjour Theawesomeperson,
    Could you please teach me how to play soccer? I suck at soccer. I don't get how you, or anybody can play soccer. You all must have such good foot eye coordination. I loved how you talked about how you started to be on a small team but now you are on a big one.
    Merci,
    My Name's Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear My Name's Jeff,
      Sorry, I can't teach you how to play soccer because I have other things to do. You can search up videos on youtube though.
      Sincerely,
      Theawesomeperson.

      Delete
    2. Its fine Theawesome person - thanks for giving me something to do though

      Good Luck With your 'things to do'
      - My Name's Jeff

      Delete
    3. Dear My Name's Jeff,
      Sorry! I forgot to say a couple other things you could do. If you have the time, I'd recommend joining a rec soccer team. The coaching is really helpful and you'll make friends.
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete
  7. dear Theawesomeperson
    This was a good piece of writing. I have also made bonds with teammates. what was the best tournament. also why did you chose soccer as your sport. also what team do you play for?
    Bilbo the cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dear bilbo the cat,
      In my opinion, the best tournament is the bend cup, soccer isn't really my sport, I also play basketball. I chose soccer as one of my sports because it is really fun to me to stop everybody's shots (Im a goalkeeper btw). I play for lincoln youth soccer.
      Sincerely, Theawesomeperson

      Delete
  8. Dear ChineseDragon,
    I loved reading your blog so much! It was really well written and I can totally relate to this! If you could join any soccer club right now, what would it be?
    Really good job!
    -PortugueseGrape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear PortugeseGrape,
      I really like the club I am on right now, (Lincoln Youth Soccer) because I am friends with all of my teammates, so I don't really want to join any other soccer clubs
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete
  9. Hi ChineseDragon,
    As I person that used to play soccer I loved reading this. You really made it peronal and that made it fun to read. I think you wrote it very well. How long do you want to keep playing soccer? Do you imagine doing it professionaly?
    elephantsandslothsarecool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear elephantsandslothsarecool,
      I want to keep playing soccer until I can't anymore, it is really fun. I could imagine playing soccer professionally but I don't really want to think that much into the future right now.
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete
    2. Hello ChineseDragon,
      I agree it's hard thinking too much into the future. When your first starting what is most important to know? When did you start at your club? I am not serious about soccer it's just a fun side thing for me. I loved reading about soccer!
      -SlinkyMuffin

      Delete
  10. ChineseDragon,
    I have never played soccer on my life other than P.E. What are helpful tips for a beginner? I liked your story and how competitive soccer changed you and could relieve some of the stress of school and parents.
    Good job on the blog post!
    MM_Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear MM_Z,
    Some helpful tips for a beginner are to join a rec club and use the coaching to your advantage. Also practice at home, if you have a good coach, you can develop into a good soccer player. Practicing at home is also really effective because the more touches on a soccer ball, the better. You never know what could come in handy in a game situation.
    Sincerely,
    ChineseDragon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I really liked how you wrote about one of you passions. What originaly got you in/interested you in soccer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pink sheep,
      I originally got interested in soccer because I had a lot of free time and nothing to do in it so I joined a soccer team.
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete
  13. hi chinesedragon,
    i enjoyed reading this because it had a lot of information on soccer but also the effect it had on ur life. are there any other sports or things you feel passionate about?
    -gracie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gracie,
      I feel passionate about basketball, it is really fun to play and practice.
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete
  14. Hi Chinese Dragon,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post because you wrote about something you love. I also loved reading about how you've grown from playing a competitive sport and the benefits you achieve especially from your teammates. I thought your blog post was well-written and I could definitely hear you opinion throughout your post. I really enjoyed reading it! How did you get into competitive soccer?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Teeny Tiny Fury,
      I joined forest heights soccer team in preschool when I attended preschool and I stayed with that core, we bounced around teams such as westside timbers and ended up at Lincoln youth soccer
      Sincerely,
      ChineseDragon

      Delete