I lock into my skis with my helmet firmly on tight. I take a deep breath
the smell of fresh air. I sink my poles deep into the snow and push off
down the hill. I ski towards the lift. I wait and line until I’m at the
front of the line. I walk up feeling the chair at my legs, the soft cold
touch of the cushion. I put the bar down, wind whipping at my face as we go
up to the top of the mountain. I can feel the cold air whipping at my face.
I tighten my boots and push myself forward. I look down the slope and push
off. I carve my turns with the snow rushing next me. I feel the wonderful
feel of the wind whipping at my face. I love the feeling of my skis cutting
through the snow. My first run is a blue, me and my friend soaring down the
mountain together. My hands are cold to the touch and my legs are stiff
from the effort of controlling my skis. But I feel the adrenaline rushing
through my body. I love skiing with my friends.
Blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you described skiing, with lots of detail and imagery. How did you get into it?
-SilverWolf
Hi Blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeletei loved this because for someone were skiing is a huge part of my life and history i loved your blog. How old were you when you started skiing?
Bananabunny
Hi Blue Shirt Guy,
ReplyDeleteI really like this blog because I can relate to skiing! I enjoy all of the things that you enjoy about skiing. I have a question for you: What was your first ski run and where?
-YoyleBlogs
Hey blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI really like how you wrote about something that plays a big part in your life. What do you want to do with your skiing skills later on in life?
-Soccer is Life
Dear blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI agree with SilverWolf that is was really great detail and imagery. Especially the part with the cold air whipping your face. What kind of sensation do you get when you finish a hard run?
Sincerely,
Bozzy
Hi blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI love skiing! I think this post is cool because lots of people can relate to it. I liked how you described everything and made the reader picture it. I was wondering if skiing is more then just a activity for you?
From Jesus
Hi blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI really like your blog post because it is different from the rest, its written in almost a poem form describing how you feel about skiing. Is that photo of you skiing? Who taught you to ski? Did someone in your family influence you to ski? For me it was my dad.
smiles,
crunchy lettuce
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Blue Shirt Guy,
ReplyDeleteI like your description in your post. I also ski and it really is a lot of fun.
Have you ever been to Whitefish Mountain in Montana? There are a lot of blacks and good Double blacks. I think I went down Picture Chutes once or twice. It's a lot of fun :)
When did you start skiing?
MM_Z
hi blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeletei enjoyed reading this post and as someone who doesn't really enjoy skiing, it was interesting to read. do you only ski for fun? if not, in what ways do you ski outside of just a regular hobby?
- bug
Hi blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI really like your use of imagery and sensory detail describing your experiences.
Skiing seems like something you really enjoy, do you just ski for fun?
-Teeny Tiny Fury
Hi blue shirt guy,
ReplyDeleteI love how you described what it's like when you go down the slope and how you feel.
What is your favorite part of skiing?