
Balance. Life is all about balancing. Balancing your time, your friends,
your family, and your pets. Balancing activities and school or work. No
matter what you do, life needs balance. Balance, though it might not seem
like it, is hard for a thirteen year old like myself. Life is busy,
especially for someone like me who has outside of school commitments and
priorities. I play soccer. A lot of soccer. And soccer on top of homework
makes it very hard for me to balance my free time and my work time. I find
myself staying up late at night to finish assignments, instead of getting
the 9½ hours of sleep recommended for people my age. This is mostly because
of the amount of homework that we have during the week and the weekend,
which as well as inducing lots of stress, is very time consuming. I believe that students in middle school should not have weekend
homework. Middle school is a time where children are turning into
teenagers. It is a time when people are changing and finding out who they
want they are, and who they want to be. The importance of having homework
is something I understand (as long as it is related to the class and not
just busy work), but sometimes it is too much. We need the privilege of
enjoying life to the fullest without worrying about the things that come
with adulthood (like paying taxes). Young people need time for themselves,
and they should not be denied that for anything, especially if that
something is taking over their lives. Now I might just be a kid, writing
this because it was assigned to me, but I am telling the truth. We kids
need to enjoy the experience of just being kids.
Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteBalancing is very important. In MS it’s really hard with having hard HW, and other activities to do. I often find I have late nights when I need sleep. I don’t think I get enough sleep. I like your ending, yes we are just kids but that doesn’t mean we don’t know what we are saying. How do you find balance?
FoxelephantVioleta
Hi Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said, balance is very important, and you have shown evidence and understanding. I liked the facts about sleep that you added in. Maybe next time you could add what the clear and evident consequences are of an unbalanced life?
Thanks,
JDBills99
Hi Cappuccino,
ReplyDeletethis is a really great post. really! from the title I already knew I would be interested. while I was reading it I found myself agreeing with you several times. you mentioned busy work. do you think busy work has been an occurrence in your academic life? would you call it your academic life? would you say you have a different life inside and out of school? I got the idea from your post that you believed one life was more important at this age? is this true for you? love how you included both fact and opinion, and you balanced out the two.
thanks,
Liv
Hi Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post! You stated perfectly how I feel about homework and it's effect on life outside of school. I totally know what you mean when you talked about homework's effect on sleep and stress levels. How do you deal with homework? What advice would you give some one just entering the middle school about balancing homework and the rest of their life?
Keep up your amazing writing,
Frappuccino
Hey Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI found your post very interesting with all of your facts, especially the chart with the sleeping needs. How do you think we could balance homework with sleep needs?
Sincerely,
Bozzy
Hi Bozzy,
DeleteThis is a really good question. I think the best way we could balance homework with sleep needs is to cut ourselves off when it gets to late. You shouldn't be working on homework late into the night, and if you feel like there is too much homework you should talk to your teacher about it. Another way to deal with homework and sleep needs is to manage your time wisely. Make sure you don't procrastinate (I know how hard that is), and if there is something you want to do make yourself finish your homework first. If you don't have enough time to do your homework and get enough sleep, just email your teacher and ask for an extension, and they will probably give it to you.
Smiles,
Cappucino
Dear Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI read your post and found it very interesting. I liked the chart for sleeping need and I have looked over it many times already. I was wondering do you think naps are necessary for people or are just a waste of time?
Sincerely,
ZoinkFacedStalin
Dear Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteThis is a topic that I had never really thought of. After reading your post, it is now something that I will now try to think more of. What is the thing that you can not balance that you hate the most?
Thanks!
Soccer is Life
Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI feel liek kids these days are more active than in the olden days (I don't mean like old old but like before this era (?)) We do a lot of extra curriculars and play instruments, parents give homework (my parents do), and many other things. After reading your post, I feel like I should pay more attention and go to bed at a time that isn't so late and so be more efficient with my work.
what made you want to write about this?
MM_Z
hi cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI thought this blog post was really enjoyable to read because this is something I think about a lot, the whole idea of balance in your life. I also do things out of school, and it can sometimes be hard to juggle everything at once. what are some strategies you have for staying on task with everything?
- bug
Dear Cappucino,
ReplyDeleteI agree with a lot of the things you said. I really enjoyed reading this blog post because it gave me a lot to think about, and it was really interesting to hear your opinion throughout your post. How many hours of sleep do you get, and do you have any advice on trying to get more sleep?
-Teeny Tiny Fury
Dear Cappuccino,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that children need balance in their school lives. Something that I am wondering is: What inspired you to write this post? Overall, you did a very good job and convinced me more that children need more balance in their lives.
Sincerely,
SummerSpring612