Sunday, February 2, 2014

Why Should I Care About Manga?

Those short, Japanese graphic novels? Why're you telling a person like me to read it? Well, there's an emotion you have when you have nothing to do, and it's boredom. And it's a terrible feeling. So how can a graphic novel cure that? Manga's very fast pace, so every book, no matter how short it may seem, it's always holds a thrilling adventure worth re-reading, and many have cliffhangers at the end, encouraging readers to leap into the next book. They're like a tornado, they suck you in and only spit you out after the very last book. And then you want to dive right back into it again, re-reading and re-reading again! I love manga because I can check out 3-4 books in a series from the library, and even though I can read them in a single night, they can last me a whole week, just from re-reading. It's always good to re-read manga, because there's always details that you've missed. Although they may not last you as long as some cool fiction book, I think they're much more entertaining because, as I stated before, they're very action packed, and an adventure awaits you under every cover.
Image:
http://www.freefever.com/stock/2013-hd-one-piece-wallpaper.jpg

9 comments:

  1. Hi Quinn,

    First off, I really enjoyed your post. i just have a few questions.
    How did you get into manga?
    How has manga developed over time?
    When was manga invented?
    Thanks for your post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you comment,
      I mainly got into manga because of my brother, because he always read it.
      Manga was read by all readers, so to answer your question, manga hasn't developed a whole lot. Basically, the artist and his assistants work in a room. Maybe the artist makes the outlines, one assistant fills in the speech bubbles, and another draws background objects. Of course, this goes through an editor.
      The first manga magazine was made in 1874 (A manga magazine was a book with episodes of a bunch of different manga. i.e. One episode of Dragon Ball Z, one episode of One piece...)
      Thank you for the great comment/question!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job!
    I like how you talk about these books like they are all a different story, thrilling in their own way. Something you might add is some more detail on the manga books, because I don't completely understand them.
    Sincerely
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Quinn
    I love Manga and I like how you talked about how it cures boredom. What is your favorite Manga book?

    Cool PostEliot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Quinn,
    Perfect description of the feeling as you go through a manga book. What is your favorite Manga Series? Amazing Post!

    -Arman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Quinn,
    What is your favorite book? Do you like Manga books better then chapter books? If so, why? Have you ever drawn manga? Cool post! I enjoyed reading it.
    Cordially,
    -KAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Quinn,
    Very cool topic! I haven't read very many Manga books. Do you like them more than chapter books? What's your favorite Manga book?

    Great post,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Quinn,
    Awesome topic! I really enjoy manga and thought you described it perfectly. What's your favorite manga? Also, how do you feel about manga being made into anime?
    Great post,
    ~Josephine

    ReplyDelete