Taekwondo (meaning foot hand art), is a Korean martial art. Taekwondo teaches many different things like, self discipline, self control, self confidence, and of course, self defence. Taekwondo, like many other martial arts, has ranks in the form of a colored belts. In 2008 I started as a white belt and moved through yellow, orange, green, purple, blue, brown, red, deputy, (half red, half black) and finally black belt in 2011. In May 2014 I will be testing for my second degree black belt. However, different martial arts have a different number of belts. In Taekwondo there are four stripes in a belt, they each have their own meaning and when you have all of them you can test for the next belt.
I like Taekwondo because it is a different sport. It is a supportive and challenging learning environment, where I have met nice and supportive people. When I was a white belt I used to look at the instructors and want to help the class like them. Now that I am one, I get to share my knowledge and teach the colored belts.
Hi Spencer! I do taekwondo as well but it has a bunch of different martial arts mixed in. I really liked how you described your goals. I have one question, have you tested yet?
ReplyDelete- Gus
Thank you for commenting Guster! I have indeed tested, 13 times to be exact. I did all the color belt testings and the four black belt level tests.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Spencer,
ReplyDeleteI loved this post because you taught me a lot more about Taekwondo, which I can use for my sister. (she does Taekwondo as well) What do you think is more important, the mental or physical aspect of Taekwondo?
Best Wishes
Alex
Hi Alex! I cant answer that question!!! it is hard! Taekwondo teaches mental and physical focus. It has made me stronger both ways.
DeleteHey Spencer,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your post. Fabulous Job! I love the pictures too. I haven't ever done Taekwondo before. It looks really cool. I think your passion for Taekwondo really shows in this post. Do you feel Taekwondo has an impact on your academic life? Keep up the awesome writing!
Your buddy,
Anika
Hi Anika!
ReplyDeleteYes I think it has had a massive impact, I have learned to persevere and focus. I think it improves your brain strength and self control.
~Spencer UnknownLastName
Hey Spencer!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Before I read this, I did not know anything about Taekwondo, but now I know a lot. The pictures are really cool and show me a lot about the sport. What you said make me want to do taekwondo!
Nic
Nic,
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my post, it means a lot to me. I love to know people like what I write. P.S. I loved your post about skiing!
~Spencer
HI,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I really liked how you said what it meant at the beginning. How long have you been doing taekwondo?
Good job,
Grace
Hi Spencer,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you started off by describing what taekwondo mean's and now I know it means foot hand art and I liked how you talked just as much about what taekwondo means to you as what taekwondo is too the world.
-Jake