Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Telescopes are Awesome

The Telescope


Hey you reading this you probably know what a telescope is? don’t you! It’s that thing you look out of to see things far away from you. You probably know the telescope best from movies with pirates in them. Those things are useful, right? Lets see where, who, and when they were made! The earliest telescope ever used was in 1609. There were many people that claimed they invented the telescope such as Hans Lippershey (who is mostly credited), Zacharias Janssen, and Jacob Metius of Alkmaar. The telescopes supposedly consisted of convex lens, and a concave eyepiece. Soon after that, Galileo used that design to make his own, it worked, and the telescope was born.

The telescope was known to have been invented somewhere in the Netherlands. The telescope has so many importances to it, pirates used to use it to see enemy ships far off the coast to ready for battle, while scientists use it to make amazing discoveries about our world.  Telescopes are now getting so advanced, that scientists are sending them up into space! Recently The Hubble was sent out into space to bring back astronomical research. This amazing, modern telescope can see space better than anything else.

Well, why are people even that interested in space objects? Because space objects allow you to see a world beyond the eyes. Now you probably use binoculars more than you use telescopes. But let me tell you, telescopes are way more amazing and have so many more features and history as explained above. Now get up from wherever you are and go make a discovery with a telescope.

7 comments:

  1. Or, get up from wherever you are and go make ANY discovery! Well done, Aiden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, yes you can make ANY discovery just if you have the will too. I thought this blog was ok, I could have added more to it

      Delete
  2. Hi Aiden! I thought it was cool how you explained the background and the fact that new uses for the telescope are infinite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aiden,
    Fabulous job! I liked how you described that the telescope has changed how we see the world! Do you think there would be more superstition is the telescope hadn't been invented?
    Best wishes
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Aiden
    Fabulous post! I liked how you included a lot of history in your post. I didn't know anything about the telescope, and now I know a lot. The telescope is very interesting, and I am glad that you chose this topic. Overall it was a great post!

    ~Nic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aiden,
    Good post. I like how you included history in it. I knew some but now I know more!

    Great post,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete