If you have one night to do something, and it is due the next day, wouldn't you do it the day before? Probably. How about if it was due next week, or next month, would you still do it the day before? Probably not. That is what happens with long term projects, our minds think since we don't have to do the work now, then we can sit back and relax and do it on the very last day. This is actually the complete opposite of what we actually want to do. What happens at the very last moment, when you are rushing to do the assignment, your computer breaks down, or maybe your Internet crashes. What happens then, well your screwed. So if you do it early, then you can actually sit back and relax and not have to worry about when you need to complete the assignment.
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procrastination

This is interesting, but I could've used a little more depth into the subject.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Ned,
ReplyDeleteI agree that we procrastinate on long term projects, as well as short term ones. I really think that this is a meaningful topic to discuss. However, I feel that this post is somewhat unfinished and could have benifitted from a study or strategies to solve this problem
Sincerely,
Ben
Ned-
ReplyDeleteYou chose topic that is very prominent in the minds of kids our age. It seems like everyone procrastinates so your post was certainly relatable, but you didn't give us any tips on how to solve this problem which would have been helpfull.
Thanks for the good writing!
Mia
This is a very interesting topic that relates much to Revolutions. I agree with you on your statement that people like to procrastinate in long term projects. Like Mia i think you could have given a way to help people with this problem. For the most part this is a very well written blog that got me thinking and relating to myself.
ReplyDelete-EFAN HED
Thanks for giving me some helpful criticism. I also agree with all of you guys that I should've put more thought and detail into it. Sorry. I will consider this next time I do something similar to this.
ReplyDeleteNed,
ReplyDeleteI love the blog that you posted! I agree, I think that this is true with most people. I would have liked this blog even better though if it was longer. Other than that, it was an outstanding blog post! Keep the great blogging!
Nathaniel
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI really like the topic that you posted about. It seems like you didn't have enough time to do this blog post, but I really enjoyed the information that was there. I also liked how this related to Revolutions! because of the fact that this is a long term project, and some people might think like that. In your post you said that our minds think we can do it the day before. Is that a true fact, or is that just something that you believe is true? This post has the potential to be great if you put a little bit more time and work into it. Thanks,
Piper
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI really liked the topic you chose, and all the points that you made. I thought that It you first sentences were very clever, about how you would plan your time differently, according to when it is due. Has either of the situations happened to you before? I know that it has happened to me a lot.
Gracie
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI think you choose a very interesting subject that definitely applies to lots of people thanks for writing this thoughtful blog if you were trying to make it better I would advise stretching it out and really describing more about how the mind thinks,
thx for good blog
-Freddie
NEDWARD,
ReplyDeleteYOU CHOSE A COOL TOPIC AND I LIKED YOUR POST. I CAN TELL YOU PUT A LOT OF TIME INTO WRITING THIS, AND I THINK ITS A GOOD POST. I THINK YOU STARTED YOUR POST REALLY WELL TOO. YOU CHOSE A GOOD TOPIC FOR PEOPLE TO RELATE TOO. NICE WORK.
-CAROLYN
:)
That is really true. I think that almost everyone has procrastinated at least once if not more. That is a really good subject to wright about especially now. I thought that it was some good writing.
ReplyDelete-Laura
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI thought that talking about procrastination was a interesting subject, however I found your blog much like others that I have read, short in length, and unsatisfactory in depth. I liked the visual image, and I can really relate.
Lyssa
Ned,
ReplyDeleteThis is very similar to my post. I think you could have gone into more detail than this but it is a cool post. A very short and simple description and a picture will often work, though you should add a bit more. Great picture! I think anyone can relate to that.
- /\
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI defiantly agree with your argument, but I think you could of written a little bit more about the topic. How did this have to do with revolutions?
-Miriam
Ned,
ReplyDeleteI agree with what your arguing, but I think if you write a little bit more then it would have been a bit more persuasive. I like how you ask questions it made me think about what I would have done. overall good job!
Caitlin
Ned, you make a very good point, and everything you said was true. I think you could have definitely written more though, and went more in depth with the topic. Overall, I felt like I could relate to your post because of all the long term projects we do. Good job!
ReplyDelete-Hannah