There is a giant controversy over the fact of how Isaac Newton discovered gravity. The controversy had many versions, some people said that it wasn't even Isaac Newton who discovered gravity, while some say that the apple that was said to hit his head never actually did. Other questions arise when we think of these, such as, what was Isaac Newton doing when he discovered gravity?
The first controversy, did Isaac Newton actually discover gravity? The answer is yes, Isaac Newton did discover gravity. Although some people may disagree with this statement, it has been historically proven through very old documents and letters. So, yes he did actually discover gravity.
The second controversy, much larger than the first, was did the apple actually hit Isaac Newton in the head? And the answer was no. Isaac Newton was under an apple tree, but when the apple fell it landed next to him. It did not hit him in the head.
Almost everyone knows what Isaac Newton was doing when he discovered gravity, well, it wasn’t really the discovery of gravity, it was what made him want to start researching gravity. Some of his friends and acquaintances had papers or books that confirmed the story of him sitting under the tree. So, sometimes it is just how it seams...
Although there were many controversies over what happened on the fabled day of the discovery of gravity. Some people know Isaac by his name, or by Mr. Newton, or by Isaac Newton, or even by Mr. Gravity, but what we do know is that Isaac Newton really was the Father Of Gravity.
All Images From:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton
Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton
I like how you talk about the controversy. What was Newton studying before he started studying gravity.
ReplyDeleteJONAH
ReplyDeleteI like how in you blog you went through and discussed these major confusions about Isaac Newton discovering gravity. Some of the questions you answered like the apple hitting his head I was surprised about. I think this was a very cool subject you chose. However I think you could have gone more in-depth on this and maybe given your idea or opinion on this to make it more personal.
Thanks, I will take that into consideration as I write more, especially the part about adding my own opinion. Thank you for the ideas!
DeleteJonah,
ReplyDeleteI really like your post. I liked how you brought up some questions at the beginning of the post, but then you answered the question through out your post. I also like how simple and easy to read you made this post. If you wanted it to be longer you could add a little bit about Isaac Newton's history or put in your opinion, but think it's fine. It is nice, short, and easy to read you did a really great job!
-Nicolette
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteI think this blog post was short, sweet, and got strait to the point. Also, I did see some spelling and word choice errors that you might want to fix. Like, the second controversy, much larger than the first, was did the apple actually hit Isaac Newton in the head? I see the was did, and that confused me. Maybe, you could also have added a little more about his life and the actual studies. Overall, great post!
Zoe
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteI like your blog post, it was fantastic. I liked the intro paragraph that you included. It made me want to read more of your post. I also like how it is simple and gets to the point, however I think that you could have written a bit more about this. I also liked the subject that you chose, it was great! In brief, this post was a great post!
Nathaniel
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you added humor into you blog post that made it fun to read. I also liked how you talked mostly about the controversies about "the Father of Gravity". I wished that you could of added more about Isaac Newton himself, but it was still a good blog post. How did you choose/find those main controversies about Isaac Newton? Overall, this was a good post that went straight to the point. Thank you,
Piper
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteWhat sciences and instruments of technology did Newton invent? I heard he did it to learn about gravity.
Roy
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteI love your blog post! You made this subject really interesting. I was wondering how it was proven that he did all those things? You said he did, but you didn't say how it was found out. I had hoped for a little more information about his early life, and what might have inspired to do all of this!
Lyssa
Jonah,
ReplyDeleteYour blog was great (not the best) but great. I wish you wold have made it longer but it was a enjoyable read though!
Great Job,
William