| Johann Pachelbel |
Pachelbel was born into a ‘middle-class’ family. His father, Johann Pachelbel, was an wine dealer. They both lived with Mr. Pachelbel’s second wife. Johann Pachelbel supposedly wrote the ‘Canon in D’ for Johann Christoph Bach’s wedding. I’m currently learning the canon and I think that it is really fun. To listen to it here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pachelbel%27s_Canon.ogg
During Pachelbel’s last years he stayed in Nuremberg, where he made and published some music. Johann Pachelbel died when he was 52 on March 3, 1706.
Works Cited:
Estrella, Espie. "Johann Pachelbel." About.com Music Education. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://musiced.about.com/od/classicalmusicians/a/onehitwonder.htm>.
"Johann Pachelbel." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 30 Jan. 2013. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Pachelbel>.
Kampen, John V. "Dr. John v. Kampen - Time For... Johann Pachelbel." RSS 20. Dr. John v. Kampen, 10 Feb. 2010. Web. 30 Jan. 2013. <http://my.opera.com/nepmak2000/blog/time-for-pachelbel>.
Pure
Sheet Music. "Canon in D Pure Sheet Music for Piano and Alto Saxophone
by Johann Pachelbel Arranged by Lars Christian Lundholm." Kobo.
N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Jan. 2013.
<http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Canon-Pure-sheet-music-piano/book-78qxEYqwTUyHP_qNSBx6kw/page1.html>.
Lydia,
ReplyDeleteI like how you tied a composer I'd never heard of to a piece of music that you are learning and enjoy. I also like how you chose a unique topic that no one else wrote about. How were you introduced to this composer?
Nice post!
~Anaga
Hey Anaga,
DeleteFirst my piano teacher told me to try something out of the book that I'm learning in, and she suggested the canon in d. So then I was like, ooh that's a cool name! 'Johann Pachelbel' (it made me think of taco bell :) anyway, I was researching him and I saw that he composed the canon so I decided to do my blog post on him.
Lydia
Lydia,
ReplyDeleteI think you added some good information on Johann Pachelbel. Nice images of him and his signature. Maybe next time you can add more on how his life affected the kind of music he composed. Great job!
-Alon
Lydia,
ReplyDeleteVery interesting post! How much time did Pachelbel spend on composing his music versus being an organist or teaching? How famous is he compared to someone like Mozart? The pictures really make the post visually appealing. GREAT POST!
Liam
Hey Liam,
DeleteIn answer to your first question, I don't really know...but in answer to your second question I would say that he isn't SUPER popular but not SUPER unknown...so I think that out of a 1-10 (10 being Mozart) he is a 5 or 6...
Lydia
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLydia,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for you post. I enjoyed reading it. It is so weird that his birthday is unknown, when he is so famous. I liked the images that you used, they brought your pos to life. Did you come up with your topic because you are learning the piece? If not, what was you inspiration for this topic? I liked how you put his signature at the end. Is that his real signature? Thank you for your post,
-Isabel
Hi Lydia!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog! I learned a lot! I really like how you talk about his relations in the music business. I also think it is super cool you put in a link to hear his music, just hearing the music makes it all more awesome and fun to learn about! What inspired you to write about Johann Pachelbel? Really awesome post!
Tara