Electricity is the thing that makes the world go round. Thomas Edison was the man who discovered electricity. He was very famous for what he did.A lot of things came in the Industrial Revolution because of him and his discovery. He invented the high quality light bulb and it was a replacement for oil lamps so that was very good for the environment.
Also the first automobiles were invented by Henry Ford by combining an oil combustion engine and an electric one to give the car a strong enough motor to go faster.Assembly lines were also invented which was a couple of stations were the car would get serviced.
Thomas Edison also created the telegraph which allowed people to communicate from long distances. If electricity had never been discovered we probably wouldn't have a lot of things today.
Source 1: https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1280&bih=658&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=revolution+tv+series+overgrown+city&oq=revolution+tv+series+overgrown+city&gs_l=img.3...5749.8186.0.8525.10.10.0.0.0.0.83.570.10.10.0...0.0...1c.1.3.img.WIvcLef7Wtg
I think this post is really deep and could help people see of what would happen if the power just went away. I also like how you showed a good side of the issue and a bad side of the issue. Next time, if I were you, I would try to extend this blog a little bit longer because there is a lot of stuff people could know about electricity.
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning how I used a bad and good side. Also making the blog longer sounds like a good thing to me.
DeleteHEY STEW.
ReplyDeleteSo...I think this was a pretty well written piece. I like how you mentioned in the 1st paragraph, " Electricity is the thing that makes the world go round. Thomas Edison was the man who discovered electricity." I think this a very strong way to start your blog with. However I think you maybe could have made this blog longer to really show the importance of Thomas Edison and Electricity. I also think you should make it more personal and relate it to your self. And maybe try to make longer paragraphs.
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI like your post. I really like the last paragraph because it got me thinking about all of the stuff we wouldn't have if Thomas Edison hadn't invented electricity. All of our lives would be so different for now. You might want to think about adding a little bit on Thomas Edison's history or maybe how electricity is used in your daily life, but other than that really great job!
-Nicolette
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI like how you gave some examples of what he invented, and the big things he did. I really liked your last paragraph it was really good. I wish you had written more because what you wrote was really good and got me thinking what it would be like.
-Laura
Hey Stew,
ReplyDeleteNice blog post! I really like how you used examples like Henry Ford and his car inventions. I think you should add a little bit more on how electricity affects your life, and how you use it today. Good Job!
-Alon
Stewart,
ReplyDeleteThis was an interesting blog post that could be made better with a little bit more information. I liked how you said that electricity made the world go round because then I started to think about what my life would be like without electricity. I also liked how you added Henry Ford into the mix, and spoke a bit about him. This is an interesting topic, where did you get the idea from? Overall, this is a post with lots of potential if you're willing to spend a little more time on it. Thanks,
Piper
P.S. Thomas Edison didn't invent the telegraph. He invented the automatic reader which related to the telegraph, but he didn't invent it.
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI like this blog, it's great! I like how you included some facts about him, and I like the interesting topic that you chose. I think that you could have included some more information about him, but I also think that this post was informative. In brief, great job on your blog post!
Nathaniel
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI thought that your blog post had good facts. I could tell that you didn't really read through it too look for mistakes, there was a few spacing issues, and I felt like the sentences were very choppy. I thought that you had a nice thesis statement, and closing topic. Both made me think that my life would be very different without electricity.
Gracie
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteThis was a nice post, but I think it would have been great with some more information. I would have liked to hear some more on Thomas Edison. Even though it was short, I still really enjoyed your blog post.
-Maggie
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI think that your blog had a lot of good information. However, I felt that it was unorganized, and had some grammar mistakes. You started talking about Thomas Edison but went of track with other subjects, that made it confusing!
Lyssa
Stuart,
ReplyDeleteI think that you could have researched your topic a lot more. It seemed that you took ten minutes to study him, then write your post. I liked how you listed all his inventions and what he did. The picture was also good and gnarly job listing your sources. Good Job!!!