Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Drones and Cameras

So. Drones and cameras. what about them? Well, they're a really big invasion of privacy. Sure, there are benefits of drones and cameras, but what about when they are in a public space? Better yet, what if they're on our phones? When people use their phones, they raise their phones in front of them, and that makes it super easy to take a picture of someone without them knowing. You're looking at Instagram for all they know. First of all, it's super illegal to take a picture of them without permission, and second, it's just ethically wrong. And with that picture, you can do so many things to share that photo (which is also illegal). You can text it, show people in person, post it to countless social media sites, print it, etc. But what if we forgot about that kind of stuff. What if we focused on the government doing these sorts of things. Well, surprise! They already are. The government has total access to all of your computers, phones, cameras, watches, and smart home AI. The government has the right to access your webcams and phone cameras if they have a warrant that says so. They can even sell your information to companies like Apple, Samsung, Nike, Microsoft, Sony, and much more. And sure, they could keep on doing this, but they can also use it for keeping us safe. And they already do. Why do you think there are security cameras? They're for catching people committing crimes, right? but why are those cameras any different from your personal ones? Why wouldn't they be able to get access to those cameras to sell information? So even if you cover up your webcam with tape, sell your cameras, flip over your phone, they can still see you. I know it sounds creepy, but we are being watched 24/7 by store cameras, ATM's, traffic cameras, drones, things like Echo Show, and even doorbells. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I expect, that 50 years from now, we will have drones surveying parks, streets, police precincts, fire stations, etc. Amazon is already working on delivering packages using drones, and who knows what else drones will be used for. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but AI is creepy.

22 comments:

  1. Dear Not You,

    I read your post and I really had a good time reading it. I have one question for you what do you think the world will be like if there was no AI.

    Sincerely,
    NWfury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Not You,
    I really liked how you told us about the problems of the public use of drones, and how our information could be sold to companies that we don't want to have your personal info. What inspired you to write about the creepiness of AI?
    -GreyWolf19

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Not You,
    Your blog really makes me think about how not private our lives really are, and how normal everyday things can actual be watching what we are doing. As cool as all of this tech is it can also be a major invasion of privacy. I don't often think about hings like this, so this is a good reminder to all of us to be careful of how we behave and act in public. Does AI weird/creep you out???
    Sincerely, Bubble Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Not You
    I like the topic. I absolutely see you your point of view, but do these technology have upsides too? I agree with everything here but this technology could save lives and prevent crimes.
    bilbo the cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Not You,
    This was a very interesting topic to write about. I thought it was really well written, but there was one thing that I read, you said it is illegal to take pictures of people without their permission. I'm not sure if that's true. What inspired you to write this?
    Sincerely,
    PortugueseGrape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Not You,
    I liked how you showed lots of detail about one side but I was wondering if you see any benefits or positive things about technology?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Not You,
    I liked how you wrote a lot about how you felt about drones and cameras.
    Do you think AI could be helpful in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Not You,
    I liked your peace it brings up a really good point. It is true as hard as we try not to be on cameras we always are. I think that is creepy to. what are you looking forward to in the future?

    Sincerely,
    Snow Flack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi not you,
    I love drones, and cameras and you wrote about them very well. I love your ending. Do you have a drone? I hate when people take pictures of me and then send them. Espescially with all of the social media these days.
    -FoxelephantVioleta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Not You,
    I really liked how you made your article from the point of view of cameras being bad. Are you pro or con for having cameras and drones around?
    -Soccer is Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Not You,
    I really liked this post because the information was all clear and I could clearly tell the message you were trying to send. And I wan't to ask you, if drones/cameras are such an invasion of privacy, then why are they promoted in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi not you
    i really liked your blog because i can totally relate! my phone tracks me and lets me know how long i've been in a place and other things like that, it creeps me out! do you think there's a way to fix this?
    -gracie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Not you,
    I really like how you talked about some of the cons of drones, instead of just the pros. Also why do you not have a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Not you,
    I like how your blog is a real eye opener to AI and how as you said creepy it is. I also like how you talk to the reader, and express your opinion, rather then just stating facts. What do you think is a way to make AI less creepy?
    -TeenyTinyDolphin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Not You,
    Nice post! i loved how you really expressed your personal opinion on AI. Though you dont love AI, do you think there are upsides to it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey not you,
    I thought it was interesting how you said AI was creepy, and how you dont like it, but can you think of any upsides of having AI?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi not you,
    Your blog post really opened my eyes to the fact that AI is surrounding us, and that without us knowing it, our privacy is being invaded. Are there any benefits in your opinion of AI?
    -Teeny Tiny Fury

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Not You,

    Wow. Your post really made think about how sophisticated and scary AI is! Technology is one of our generation's main focus right now, and sometimes the more advanced it gets, more problems can occur. Do you like how technology is becoming more and more advanced?

    Thanks,
    AwesomePig

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Not You,

    I liked how you talked about this issue from a privacy standpoint not a convenience one. While having cameras on our phones is very convenient, it can be used in a bad way, like what you said. Do you cover up your cameras at home? What do you think about the school not covering up the cameras on school laptops?

    Sincerely, Falcon4

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not You,
    Before reading your post, I thought drones and cameras were pretty cool things, but your writing was very informational, and helped me realize that they are actually very creepy things that totally disregard the concept of privacy. I don’t think you are being paranoid when thinking AI is creepy because I totally agree with you, and I also don’t like how they are such an invasion of privacy like you said. If you were to change one thing to improve privacy in the world, what would you change?
    Sincerely,
    Goat Girl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear NotYou,
    This was a very interesting blog post. It has changed my view on drones in cameras. I am now a little freaked out by them. In the future, do you think that they will not record us?
    sincerely,
    Lebron James

    ReplyDelete